Battlefield 4 is on the way!

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 4 is on the way!

Post by Edge100x »

NFO will be partnering with EA to offer Battlefield 4 servers for rent at all our locations at the game's release! We'll also be running servers at all locations throughout the beta that starts in October, and we'll be offering preorders starting on October 14.

The list of Battlefield 4 RSPs (Ranked Server Providers) has shrunk significantly since BF3, which will mean hosting more servers and some additional work for us. We've recently hired three new employees (Spray, furntree, and ThatGuyNex), we've extended our hours, and we've been rolling out significant amounts of new hardware to ensure that everything will go smoothly.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Battlefield 4 is on the way!

Post by TacTicToe »

Any idea on the pricing structure yet?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

TacTicToe wrote:Any idea on the pricing structure yet?
There is no information on the pricing structure. We will evaluate server usage during the beta and use those numbers to formulate pricing.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TacTicToe, we'll have to see how it performs during the beta (how much CPU it uses and how much bandwidth it uses) and go from there on setting the prices.
Haru
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Haru »

When can we pre-order servers?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Preorders will be available October 14.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

This is kind of far in the future, but will pre order servers actually be online the day of, a little before, or a little after the release of the game? Or will it depend on how fast EA/DICE get you the official server package?
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:This is kind of far in the future, but will pre order servers actually be online the day of, a little before, or a little after the release of the game? Or will it depend on how fast EA/DICE get you the official server package?
They will be online the day of. I imagine EA will let us start setting servers up a little bit before release so we can have them all up.

P.S Everything is queued, so first come first serve.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

kraze wrote:
soja wrote:This is kind of far in the future, but will pre order servers actually be online the day of, a little before, or a little after the release of the game? Or will it depend on how fast EA/DICE get you the official server package?
They will be online the day of. I imagine EA will let us start setting servers up a little bit before release so we can have them all up.

P.S Everything is queued, so first come first serve.
Will managed be in the same queue, how will installing the game server files work, will we have to wait until after the non-managed servers are up to get game files installed on our managed machines?
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

With managed servers, you can just create them yourself as soon as we're allowed to put them up for customers, through the normal order page.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Ok great, thanks john. Do you have an ETA on the additional fee for managed? Will the beta servers allow you to determine that price?

Thanks again!
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We will likely post the number at the time that preorders are taken -- and allow for the slots to be added to machines in advance for those who want to do it early. As with BF3 slots, staff will likely need to handle these manually for dedicated servers, so there may be an advantage to requesting them a day or two before the game's release and avoiding the rush.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:The list of Battlefield 4 RSPs (Ranked Server Providers) has shrunk significantly since BF3, which will mean hosting more servers and some additional work for us.
I hope this doesn't mean that you will forget all about me. :( I will be sad if the day ever comes that John has so many customers that whenever someone mentions me he'll be like "Tim who?"
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

TimSad wrote: I hope this doesn't mean that you will forget all about me. :( I will be sad if the day ever comes that John has so many customers that whenever someone mentions me he'll be like "Tim who?"

I'm fairly confident that's not possible. :)
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Have to laugh at this clown's website: http://allgameserver.com/gameservers/re ... -4-server/

They have your BF4 prices set at $1.08/slot.
I guess he didn't notify the staff here that he's already setting your slot price for you.

He also assumed prices for all the other companies as well, even though the other companies have taken the same views as NFO has and waited until the beta gets 1-2 weeks old to review the server usage.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/