- Download the Forge server installer (For your particular operating system) from the developer's website: https://files.minecraftforge.net/
- Create a new folder on your desktop
- Open the installer you downloaded
- Windows Defender may provide a warning on Windows 10. You can click "More Info" to allow it to be run anyway
- Install the server to the created folder
- Select the radio button for "Install server"
- Click the "..." near the bottom right, then navigate to the folder you created and click "Open" to confirm
- Press "OK" at the bottom of the installer
- Forge will now download the server jar, a populated "mods" and "libraries" folder and may take a few minutes
- Stop your game server from the Server Control tab of your game server control panel
- Open your game server's FTP in your FTP client.
- The details for FTP can be found on the File manager tab of your game server control panel
- If you are unfamiliar with FTP, please refer to our guide here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8044
- Highlight every entry in the game server, except for exec_myserver.jar (Your actual file name will contain your identifier instead of "myserver") and delete those selected files/folders.
- Upload everything in the desktop folder where you previously installed the Forge server to your game server (This can take a while, it's about 60MB of stuff!)
- From the Server Control tab of your game server control panel, use the dropdown in the to change the jar file to the Forge jar we uploaded. It's name will start with "forge-1.12" and end with "-universal.jar"
- Start the game server
- Allow a few minutes for the game server to start.
- If the game server starts, you're done! You can now start playing, or uploading mods. If it does not start properly, stop the server from the Server Control tab and continue below
- In your FTP client, download the eula.txt file and the server.properties file
- Open eula.txt in a text editor and make sure it contains "eula=true". If it doesn't, make that change, save the file and upload it to the game server, overwriting the existing one.
- Open server.properties in a text editor and make sure it has the line "server-ip=MYIPADDRESS" where MYIPADDRESS is the "Plain IP" listed on the Description tab of your game server control panel. If it doesn't, make that change or add the line (If it doesn't exist), save the file and upload it to the game server, overwriting the existing one.
- Start the server
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Here are the steps required to install a Forge server on our standard managed hosting, tested using Minecraft 1.12.2.