Server switching to EXP server but we're running vanilla

nbtc971
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server switching to EXP server but we're running vanilla

Post by nbtc971 »

Hello, we've had a problem over the last several months where our popular BF3 server is suddenly switching to a expansion pack server even though we are running vanilla maps. In the Battlelog server browser our server will have all of the symbols that represent Armored Kill, End Game, etc and players who don't have those expansions can't get on our server. A reboot of the server fixes the problem, at least for a while.

I'm not sure exactly when it's happening, after reboot, in the middle of a round, I'm not sure. I'm asking people in our community if they have any more information. I think this is happening about once a month, roughly.

I was told by support to post here so that hopefully someone has some information for me.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server switching to EXP server but we're running vanilla

Post by TacTicToe »

I think you should consider becoming Unleashed.
nbtc971
A regular
A regular

Post by nbtc971 »

Not quite sure what that means or if it's meant to be helpful?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The browser is only supposed to show those if a map/game mode in the cycle requires an expansion. If you're not adding one that does, then unfortunately, you are looking at a game bug here.

Definitely check any 3rd party tools/plugins to see if one of them might be adjusting the cycle for you.