BF3 Servers...

Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF3 Servers...

Post by Tamvegas »

I just heard also the another company is offering a BF3 pre-order package.
Any news on whether or not NFO is going to have BF3 pre-orders too?
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

LucasG wrote:When are we getting NFO with BF3? :)

nice... THis^^^
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

In all honesty they probably don't even know if they can host it or not. It looks like they are in the ranked program but I am not sure if that automatically makes you available for BF3.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Companies that EA invited to work with them during the Alpha (for whatever reason) are allowed to offer preorders before others, due to some marketing deal.

We're not allowed to say anything about BF3 yet, but I should have more information soon.

The game is still over two months from release, so making a preorder now, and any company, would be a pretty bad idea. Prices aren't going to go up between now and the release, and locking up your money with a particular host would make you unable to shop around later, when preorders will be widely available.

Preorders in general aren't usually even necessary with game server hosting. We don't have to manufacturer anything to put up a game server -- just generally plan for hardware :).
SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SpookyDude »

LucasG wrote:Another company is already accepting pre-orders...

When are we getting NFO with BF3? :)
I do think you mistaken abut this...what company is accepting orders already? EA hasn't even let out that info yet???
SpookyDude
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Like John said above. Certain companies were invited to Alpha testing and what not. They have a deal with EA to allow pre orders.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SpookyDude »

kraze wrote:Like John said above. Certain companies were invited to Alpha testing and what not. They have a deal with EA to allow pre orders.
How bout a name? Guys are saying all this but not a one can produce an actual name of a company that is taking orders now!
SpookyDude
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

There was a name above. However it was most likely edited by a staff member. No reason to advertise another company ;)
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

SpookyDude, to clarify, nobody's currently putting up servers. A couple of companies are authorized to offer preorders because of a special marketing deal with EA, with other companies prohibited from doing the same until later, but these companies won't have servers actually online any earlier than anyone else. There is no advantage to preordering a server this early.

One of the companies was listed in comments above, but that company's name and link has been removed, since we don't have any interest in funneling people their way ;).
UnknownStuntman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by UnknownStuntman »

If the mysterious company being mentioned is who I think it is, I think there's nothing to worry about as far as them even being considered "competition" at all. I am ashamed to admit this but I had a server with "them" back before I had any smarts and realized what was out there... :mrgreen:
Sna.ke
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Sna.ke »

UnknownStuntman wrote:If the mysterious company being mentioned is who I think it is, I think there's nothing to worry about as far as them even being considered "competition" at all. I am ashamed to admit this but I had a server with "them" back before I had any smarts and realized what was out there... :mrgreen:
If who you think it is, is who I think you think it is, it's not them.... at least they aren't advertising it.

I got sent an email from one of the very few GSPs that were invited. This GSP hosts the BC2CC forums.

The other GSP that I bet got it is the one that hosts the EA UK Battlefield forums.

I would be surprised if anymore than those two got them (they both have seem to be really close with DICE and EA on BC2 - probably because their servers were actually reliable vs that big US one).

Anyways, I really hope NFO has BF3 servers available. That and RO2.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We have been chosen as a ranked provider for BF3 and EA is working on the paperwork that hammers out the details. We can't offer preorders yet, but fully intend to, as soon as we are allowed.
We have been chosen! :)

https://www.facebook.com/nfoservers

Follow us on Facebook. We post all of the latest news there.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sna.ke, we fully expect to offer both ranked BF3 and RO2 servers. In both cases, we've been invited and are in-process.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

kraze wrote:
We have been chosen as a ranked provider for BF3 and EA is working on the paperwork that hammers out the details. We can't offer preorders yet, but fully intend to, as soon as we are allowed.
We have been chosen! :)

https://www.facebook.com/nfoservers

Follow us on Facebook. We post all of the latest news there.
wOoOT! :P
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

The company that hosted the Alpha servers in North America is offering the servers for pre-order for $2.98 a slot. A hefty price. $190.72 a month for a 64 slot server.

$69.90 euros with a European company.

Hope we see better prices as the launch day gets closer.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/