BF3 Servers...

SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF3 Servers...

Post by SpookyDude »

it is definitely above the normal average for the states...but then again, it's all just a dollar figure and desire... on how fast you really want to go! LOL 8)
SpookyDude
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

My perspective on Internet connection in relation to gaming is slightly different than many (perhaps most) current gamers. I first started playing shooters online over 10 years ago and like many people back in those days, I played on a dial-up connection.

I was considered one of the top players in my clan at the time and many said I should start playing professionally. Even so, I was lucky if I could connect to any server with less than 150ms latency. When I finally got a broadband connection, connecting with under 100ms latency was very common and I developed a desire to only play on servers under that latency, but 50-75ms was just fine.

Since working for NFO, I have seen at times where people are upset that they are pinging 15-20ms to their server (on the same games I used to play) when they normally ping 5-10ms. While I can certainly understand the effect that can have if you are used to such low connection speeds, I have always felt that connection stability was far more important than connection speed.

Even with current games, it really doesn't matter to me if I am playing LAN with 5-10ms or on a server with 50-75ms latency as long as my connection is stable. I have also noticed that current games are generally less sensitive to latency differences due to improved net code.
TimeX
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

TimeX wrote:I have always felt that connection stability was far more important than connection speed.
Totally Agree!
SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SpookyDude »

I do agree with you that when talking about "shooter" gaming , to PSGC, the stability of the connection is a bit more important. We have been extremly lucky when it comes to our servers connections. What we are ultimately wanting, that gives our members/players the best of both, is a great super fast connection and one that is very stable...and with that, reliablity also.

We got lucky in the fact that we didn't have to go through a long drawn out search for that magic ISP. As it turned out the company that we started with is also the best in the entire North American regions. The only change we made was from a commersial T3 service to a T6 FIOS corprate service.

It is costly I assure you, but our membership is exellent with their dedication and support for their gaming endevors. We use 4 dedicated Quad core Xeon servers and coupled with our ISP's services and support, we are on top of the professional shooter gaming experence. 8)
SpookyDude
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

got my redeem code for BF3 from EA.
Good game i enjoyed it..They done well BF3..cant wait for the full release
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

if the same host that's allowed to host CoD:BO is allowed to host BF3 too.....

...no. I call bullsh.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I honestly wouldn't mind that as long as everyone else can host it also, or at least not be exclusive to a single host. Since it is an EA title, I doubt this will be a problem.
TimeX
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

The alpha was exclusive to one host.
Hope they leave it open to all hosts.

Black Ops screwed up giving Gameservers exclusively all hosting rights.
Their the biggest garbage company going.

Open to all hosts makes for better competition in prices.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Not only that it is just not fair in a way..

I know many people who have this urge to have all servers on one host. I personally know of 10 or so people who left there old host just so they could get a BO server and the rest of theirs on one single host.

Not to mention that GS is just not the best. Yes I think there the biggest but not the best.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
LucasG
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by LucasG »

kraze wrote:Not only that it is just not fair in a way..

I know many people who have this urge to have all servers on one host. I personally know of 10 or so people who left there old host just so they could get a BO server and the rest of theirs on one single host.

Not to mention that GS is just not the best. Yes I think there the biggest but not the best.
They are like a mainstream company, where all the newbies go to since they don't really know in-depth how crappy/good service can affect your gameserver, that's the problem.

Btw @SpookyDude, I don't know you, but when I read all your posts in this thread bro, the first thing I wanted to do is slap you for being a cocky ahole. No offense.
SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SpookyDude »

Btw @SpookyDude, I don't know you, but when I read all your posts in this thread bro, the first thing I wanted to do is slap you for being a cocky ahole. No offense.
LOL...no offense taken Dude. If I let every Lil thing like your comment bother me, I wouldn't have ever made it in this game arena! LOL

Bottom line here is I call it as I see it. Through the years Ive been a server host, server manager, several and too many to count, a server admin and they have all lead to one thing...99% of all the players in these shooters that I've run across don't know chit about what their doing or whats going on with the game their involved with. BUT, that same lame Dude is the first to cry out HACK, or F--KING LAG or something else other than himself for his lack of skills, his connection (probably dial-up) or the gaming rig he is trying to play the game on. ALWAYS blaming someone or something else for his lame bullchit!

Once again yes, I call it as I see it and I play these games for MONEY! If that is being a "Cocky Azzhole" then sir, I bow over and graciously say to you...yes I guess I am indeed an azzhole, thank you very much! :lol:

You really need to get a grasp on these online shooters games and try to realize the depth, popularity, and involvement these games can have. Your looking at this from a basic "one of those 99% players" perspective. Dude, you have no idea just how deeply involved with one of these shooter games you could get if you were to take off those stupid blinders your wearing!

OH YAH, I call it as I see it! 8)
SpookyDude
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Lets keep it civil everyone. 8)
TimeX
SpookyDude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SpookyDude »

Sorry...I'm cool here! LOL
SpookyDude
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

LucasG wrote: Btw @SpookyDude, I don't know you, but when I read all your posts in this thread bro, the first thing I wanted to do is slap you for being a cocky ahole. No offense.
lol :lol:
LucasG
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by LucasG »

Another company is already accepting pre-orders...

When are we getting NFO with BF3? :)