BF3 admin program

MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 admin program

Post by MyOdessa »

Any idea when BF3 admin program will be available? Either from NFO or ProCon?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BF3 admin program

Post by kraze »

Not sure about procon but John is working on our own BF3 admin daemon. I am assuming this will be released soon after the game is available.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I am shooting for having the admin program here ready on the day of release, if at all possible. The protocol is the same as BC2 and commands are similar, so I'm adapting the BC2 tool for this.
Tamvegas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tamvegas »

One of our clan members read that Dice has flown the founder of ProCon to Sweden for 2 weeks to work with them so that ProCon would be up and running in BF3 on release day.
So, hopefully we'll be in good shape.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

Can nfo provide a procon daemon for customers as an option? I really liked the BC2 tool you created and we used it for 2 of our servers, but for our large public servers, procon can't be beat in terms of management, plugins etc. It would almost be like running TF2 without sourcemod.
deadandy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadandy »

Personally I look forward to a robust admin daemon provided by NFO.

Our experiences with Procon were not good--I found their service to be managed irresponsibly and communication with customers very poor. More than once we had our whole installation deleted and moved to another IP address without any proactive communication from Procon. I won't even get into the problems with plugins.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

deadandy wrote:Personally I look forward to a robust admin daemon provided by NFO.

Our experiences with Procon were not good--I found their service to be managed irresponsibly and communication with customers very poor. More than once we had our whole installation deleted and moved to another IP address without any proactive communication from Procon. I won't even get into the problems with plugins.
I do look forward to what nfo will do with their system, and maybe there won't be a need for a 3rd party system. Our daemon was hosted by a different company and we had no issues. When it comes to plugins, some were great and some were buggy, but that comes with the territory.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Procon hosting is something that I can try looking into again, but it's nontrivial to add.

deadandy, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with another company.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

deadandy wrote:Personally I look forward to a robust admin daemon provided by NFO.

The developers of Procon have nothing to do with who or how you had Procon hosted. They don't have a service - they created the tool and it is up to the end user to either host it themselves or find a paid service. It sounds like you had a bad experience with some 'hosting' company, but hands down, Procon is the best rcon tool out there. Plus you have dozens of people constantly developing new plugins that really expand it's capabilities...all for free.

The best of both worlds is if NFO could start providing the service along with their game servers
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If anyone's curious, DICE publicly posted the rcon documentation: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... trator.zip. This is the protocol that all tools use.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Am I reading the docs correctly? RUSH mode can only have 32 players? I was hoping for a mixed mode of RUSH and Conquest with 64 players on all maps.

Possible?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Rush maps are always half the size of conquest maps on max slots.
Unless your running a 32 slots server, then they would be the same.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From what I've heard, rush should support 64 slots. I don't know if this would be at launch or post-launch.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

From the server docs they released yesterday:
gamemodes.jpg
gamemodes.jpg (47.35 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

I like ProCon because of the plugin support, and the open api for other people to make their own plugins. Also we don't have to give our mid level admins NFO Cpanel access so that they can add new admins to the roster.

Otherwise, the NFO ones has everyother feature we care about.

@Tamvegas yeah i heard they flew him out to sweden.