Server Crashing Thread

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crashing Thread

Post by TimSad »

Placing this here since I accidentally put it in another thread. It's more suitable here...
TimSad wrote:OMFG! HEY, anyone here that is easily able to refill your server having crashes every couple of hours now? Mine is doing that to me right now and I have changed nothing. This is just starting to PISS me off!

I'm starting to think that there is an outside factor to these crashes since it is happening sooo frequently now! I'm thinking that the EA backend might be f***ing with our servers somehow. Anyone else thinking this too?

OH! As I am typing this, I am just now remembering that I saw somewhere, an exploit that causes server crashes. Does anyone else recall seeing something like this? I kind of just dismissed it without researching more about it like I probably should have...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Aaaannnnddd! It has only been 2 hours once again and we've crashed! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It's now crashed every 2 hours for 3 times now...

Also, it was on Metro so this was not related to the Guided TV missile thing. Seriously, what has changed now that is causing it to crash almost immediately after it has come back up?
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I JUST got full again and NOW IT FUCKING dumped the whole server rather than crashing! All the clients, DISCONNECTED!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Hey, don't you think that EA, in some way, owes us some compensation for all this crap we're currently going through? Are we going to get anything out of this?

I don't wanna be going to you guys, NFO, and asking for a refund or a big discount because of the servers not working properly since I know that this is not your fault or under your control.
ImageImage
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

^ What he said, the extra money paying for slots and servers crashing all day..
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

IcEWoLF wrote:^ What he said, the extra money paying for slots and servers crashing all day..
I feel this way too. Also the black screen. No game I know has charged extra per slot just to black screen people trying to connect. Seems like a troll type joke.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Black screen is from using the incrementer probably.
We tried it several times over the past couple days on rush and conquest maps and we have members on TS3 telling me that they can't get on the server.

Looking at Procon, I saw 9 people trying to join but couldn't get in.

Can't say if it was on rush or conquest, but we decided to leave it off and populate it ourselves just by playing on it.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

You guys do know the bugs with BF3 servers are global, and NFO did not code or program the game. Server side, they are doing absolutely everything they can and pushing out the updates ASAP. Until they release updates to fix the issues, you can't do a whole lot. I'm currently have similar issues with MW3 servers and have finally turned them all off and am gonna wait a few weeks and see if the issues get worked out. I will guarantee that NFO has the best hardware and bandwidth available compared to any other host and that switching providers will do absolutely nothing but make it even worse. Ride it out, and hopefully they fix the issues soon, or cancel and hope the issues are fixed in a few weeks.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

rustydusty1717 wrote:You guys do know the bugs with BF3 servers are global, and NFO did not code or program the game. Server side, they are doing absolutely everything they can and pushing out the updates ASAP. Until they release updates to fix the issues, you can't do a whole lot. I'm currently have similar issues with MW3 servers and have finally turned them all off and am gonna wait a few weeks and see if the issues get worked out. I will guarantee that NFO has the best hardware and bandwidth available compared to any other host and that switching providers will do absolutely nothing but make it even worse. Ride it out, and hopefully they fix the issues soon, or cancel and hope the issues are fixed in a few weeks.

Not pointing fingers to NFo, I just think charging per slot by EA and not delivering a good service is just sad.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Agreed. Can only point the finger at the supplier of the coding for the game.
Host can only provide what's provided to them.

The per slot charge by EA is also retarded.
Not sure why per slots vary with hosts either.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

No speculation about the EA fee rumor here, please, guys.

One customer today reports that his server seems to crash less frequently with the round count set to 1, at least on Grand Bazaar. It might be worth experimenting with the round count.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

Edge100x wrote:No speculation about the EA fee rumor here, please, guys.

One customer today reports that his server seems to crash less frequently with the round count set to 1, at least on Grand Bazaar. It might be worth experimenting with the round count.
I don't understand why we can't talk about a FEE you guys are charging us...
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

IcEWoLF wrote:
rustydusty1717 wrote:You guys do know the bugs with BF3 servers are global, and NFO did not code or program the game. Server side, they are doing absolutely everything they can and pushing out the updates ASAP. Until they release updates to fix the issues, you can't do a whole lot. I'm currently have similar issues with MW3 servers and have finally turned them all off and am gonna wait a few weeks and see if the issues get worked out. I will guarantee that NFO has the best hardware and bandwidth available compared to any other host and that switching providers will do absolutely nothing but make it even worse. Ride it out, and hopefully they fix the issues soon, or cancel and hope the issues are fixed in a few weeks.

Not pointing fingers to NFo, I just think charging per slot by EA and not delivering a good service is just sad.

Go elsewhere then, and see for yourself :wink: .
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Rusty are you reading any of the things I wrote?
Does it look like I am blaming nfo?

Obviously you aren't.

And yes I have another provider I use besides Nfo.

This coming from an ex customer(you)...I have the right to complain, especially for the amount of money I am spending monthly.

Back to topic, looking forward to r9.
Also I am looking forward to a improved battle log in the near future.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

IcEWoLF wrote:Rusty are you reading any of the things I wrote?
Does it look like I am blaming nfo?

Obviously you aren't.

And yes I have another provider I use besides Nfo.

This coming from an ex customer(you)...I have the right to complain, especially for the amount of money I am spending monthly.

Back to topic, looking forward to r9.
Also I am looking forward to a improved battle log in the near future.
This thread is 3 pages for what reason? I've been following whole time. Also, my fiber circuit far exceeds any costs you have, alone :wink: .