Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

Post by zaNe »

I don't think the GUID would be the contributing factor, not to be "that guy" who pee's on the parade.

Sometimes you can just reset your server, have a few guys join in - and BAM it will be full within minutes. What I have noticed, is that (obviously) it is a lot harder to fill a 64 slot server. I've had great success toning my server down to 32 slots and keeping it at basically 100% capacity for long periods of time, but the minute I decide "hey maybe Ill try it with 64!" the server basically dies out and becomes a barren wasteland!

I think, to be honest, a 64 slot server is overkill for the average community on the rise for BF3 - My clan/community took the route of going big on launch, but we feel that we are better off with 2 - 32 slot servers. Im sure once people start to get regulars on their servers, you could see 64 players filling up no problem.

It's a shame I can't downgrade my 1 64 slot, to 2 32 slots though :( Would really help us out a lot.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Nah didnt work for us, we got 9 ppl starting the servers up, and we keep all settings stock for quickmatch traffic, and we still are having a hard time filling. And when we do manage to get full, it crash's after a few hours.

@zane, you should be able to change your 64 slot to a 32 slot via the order page, and you will get a pro-rated price for the time you used it 64 slot, and your pricing should be adjusted down to a 32 slot one.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jasonelmore, the system isn't set up to issue prorated credits like that.

I'm looking into offering a 2-pack option for BF3, which would let customers switch from a 64 to two 32s without losing value. Might be able to do that sometime today.
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

Edge100x wrote:I'm looking into offering a 2-pack option for BF3, which would let customers switch from a 64 to two 32s without losing value. Might be able to do that sometime today.
Oh wow, that would be great John! I will definitely do that if you offer it! I'll be the first in line! ;-)
SiC Pwnage
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SiC Pwnage »

Ever since the R5 update our 32 rush server has been dead. The 64 is still doin alright though, so who knows lol
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you have an empty server anyhow, resetting the GUID doesn't hurt.

At this point, I believe that quickmatch prefers 32-slot servers. As more 32s are put up, the 64s get even harder to fill.
Red87
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Red87 »

I'm not sure what's up.

My 48 player, now that it seems to not crash anymore is consistently filling up through quickmatch and all, and I'm seeing a lot of regular players on it too now. The only time it usually isn't full it seems is during the morning.

On the other hand, my 32 player I can't seem to get anyone to it no matter what I try. Its currently on Hardcore Conquest, and the only setting I have changed is the minimum player count from 8 to 1 - Since the minimum 8 players seemed to be the biggest killer on my 48 player originally. It still lists itself as Hardcore and not Custom in the server browser, and can be found when filtering for hardcore servers.

I've also tried as a regular conquest and more, however I'm kind of at a loss at this point as to what to try.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

From reading all of this I am confused on if quick match is a joke or not.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Quickmatch isn't supposed to fill up hardcore servers, per the documentation; it's supposed to ignore them entirely. Maybe they started depref'ing them? It's hard to tell what knobs EA is turning on its side.
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

My 64 slot is still failing to get any players, just had the GUID reset.

I've had it running 32 man rush for quite some time as well.
Red87
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Red87 »

Edge100x wrote:Quickmatch isn't supposed to fill up hardcore servers, per the documentation; it's supposed to ignore them entirely.
Hmm, I thought a person could set quickmatch filters to find hardcore servers and it would work. I may try taking it to just rush/conquest mix, non HC and see if anything happens with it.

I'll leave it as is for a few days and see what happens, should be interesting to see. I wish we knew a bit more about how QuickMatch works.
VAPOR
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by VAPOR »

Never needed to do this :p
Please add "Americas Army Proving Grounds" to the servers offered listing!
http://d3g.in
Daslol
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Daslol »

Does the Reset GUID work in the managed panel? Or do we need to submit a ticket.
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

I had my GUID reset yesterday, 64 player Conq, and within 10 minutes it was full and it stayed that way the whole day.

After the R6 patch it's been dead. I'm hoping that it will fill up later, if not I'll try another GUID and see if that works again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Daslol, yes, you can reset the GUID through the managed panel if you have a dedicated machine or VDS. This is the same tool that we use to reset the GUID on our end with regular servers.