Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

Klikster
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Not Filling? Try THIS!! (BF3)

Post by Klikster »

GUID reset didn't do anything for us unfortunately, and having the NFO staff reset our server to it's original install (making it a new NFO server again) also didn't seem to do anything.

With all our settings set to quick match defaults we're still getting no players in. :(

I have it setup with gametracker now, apparently 7 people signed on at 2am? I thought the blaze back-end was down at 2am.. :|
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

After the R6 update, I don't seem to be getting any quick match players. Worked great yesterday, today, not so well, even after a GUID reset.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

Maybe just restart the server on the control page. double check the settings.. I set my idle time to 0. Hope this helps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We received confirmation today that Quickmatch works differently than the documentation. Instead of sending players to servers that match the defaults, it sends them to servers that meet their filter criteria. This could affect how you need to set up your server in order for it to be used -- it might make more sense now to run as hardcore, for instance.

As we say in the KB article, also be mindful of your pingsite and location. You can try a different pingsite by adjusting your Easy setup page, and you can try a different server location by moving it through the order page.

I also think that QM does not care about the round start players.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

Mine (ping site) were default set to west cost. I set them to southern US when i first saw that they were not greyed out. I did that on like day 2. My server is in dallas.
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

I haven't had quick match players since the first day, our server got up to 60 players and I crashed when I had to kick someone from idleing in a copter.

After that we only managed to get over 20 players once, and haven't gotten any from quick match since.

With moving the ping site, I run a server on seattle and the majority of the donators are west coast, so wouldn't moving the ping site have a negative affect on our pings overall?

I've modified my server from a 64 slot conquest to a 32 man rush in hopes it would aid, but nothing so far.
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

It was good yesterday. Deleted the startup.txt file, changed the GUID and within 10 minutes the server was full.

Tried everything under the sun today. Deleted the file, changed game modes, changed the GUID multiple times. Nothing.

I hope EA fixes Quick Match soon. As a player I can't even join any server via quick match, it just sits there.

Thanks NFO for putting up with me today while I tried to troubleshoot this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There also aren't as many players playing right now. With fewer players and the same number of empty servers, QM will keep more of them empty.

QM prefers servers that are already almost full, so you might also try starting with a smaller player count and then raising it when you get players, as we suggest in the KB.
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

I tried and I am trying again the small server count. I can't join any server via quick match either, so that could be a problem.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Edge100x wrote: as we suggest in the KB.
Whats KB ?
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Looks like they are getting ready to do some back end maintenance tonight
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield

Hope improves the play now functionality
enoch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by enoch »

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Got it filled successfully three times (twice from hard effort with my clan) and then had to do the whole deleting startup, GUID change, etc, but no success anymore. Hoping for the best though!
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

quickmatch is stupid. i've tried it multiple times with friends and it keeps putting us in servers that have 8-16 slots running Conquest Large. DICE should make a requirement of at least 32 slots to be able to run Conquest Large.

these silly small servers are taking all the traffick.

just try it yourself sometime

Resetting our GUID was a mistake in the long run. We lost those ppl who added us to their favorites during the 1st week. Tonight we filled up finally after 3 days of no luck. we can now establish a playerbase again.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

I wouldn't recommend refreshing your GUID if you're server has been successful in the past.