64 Slot BF3 Servers - the longest yours has run without cras

GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

64 Slot BF3 Servers - the longest yours has run without cras

Post by GitSum »

I am just curious. If you have a 64 slot BF3 server - what is the longest it has actually stayed up without crashing?

Our actually ran for 19 hours straight recently and then out of the blue, early this morning it crashed. Prior to r8 it wouldn't go much longer than 4 or 5 hours, so things appear to be improving
nutz
A regular
A regular

Re: 64 Slot BF3 Servers - the longest yours has run without

Post by nutz »

i just finally got mine filled today...and of course it just crashed :(
Sonic3oom
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Sonic3oom »

Last crash was 14 + hours ago but it hasn't been populated today. I think the longest was around 12 hours.
Hemethal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hemethal »

Mine, on average, crashes around a full map rotation. The longest has been three rotations, the shortest after one round.

It stays empty 90% of the time, and will only start if we can get a bunch of members to kickstart it. Most people don't want to just sit in an empty server hoping others get in to start it.
zaal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by zaal »

After setting my server to 32 slots, I decided to see what would happen if we went to 64. Changed the maps correctly (ConquerLarge0) and the server filled to 64 player capacity quite quickly.

We didn't finish two maps before the server crashed, of course. Then only a handful of players came back. It hasn't made it past 10 players since.

If it's not one thing, it's another eh? :twisted:
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Well, my server has been up and running at a full 64 players without crashing for 24 hours now. I hope it will stay like this!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Mine went for quite awhile today, maybe 10 rnds then crashed, but usually about every 6-8 rounds on avg. My server is filled to capacity 24/7 now and has been for a few weeks now.
Smoka Cola
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Smoka Cola »

Mine fills up and crashes after about 12 hours. I think it may be caused by the bullet damage but I can't be certain. I usually keep it on 120%, it feels perfect and everyone enjoys it. Apparently rejoining a server after a crash isn't the cool thing to do anymore though.

Its usually full from when I get home to when I go to bed... but 24/7 would be nice. After R8 the performance increased, but the server's popularity has dropped massively.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

So far so good. It stopped rotating maps last night I just did a manual "Next Round" it has been up the whole time.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Looks like my server finally crashed this morning. :( It was up for 38 hours straight!
ImageImage
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by untamed316 »

globel wrote:Image

So far so good. It stopped rotating maps last night I just did a manual "Next Round" it has been up the whole time.
Wait so the version number for R8 is that? Why does my server show as version 879793? The events log claims it was updated to R8 on 11/5 yet it doesn't have that number. Funnily enough since that date my server traffic has been almost non-existant.

Do I need to submit a support ticket for this?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That wouldn't effect whether you get clients, but absolutely, please do contact us about that. All servers should have already been upgraded to R8, so that's a problem.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

untamed316 wrote:
globel wrote:Image

Wait so the version number for R8 is that? Why does my server show as version 879793? The events log claims it was updated to R8 on 11/5 yet it doesn't have that number. Funnily enough since that date my server traffic has been almost non-existant.

Do I need to submit a support ticket for this?
Is there a way I can see this on my game servers control panel? I have a VDS/VPS and went through all the tabs looking for the portion that shows Version, Map Pack, Update and didnt see it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You can find it through rcon with the "version" command.

The game version comes up only rarely because servers do not typically run anything but the latest. If DICE continues to release an update every few days and they are optional, then I may look into adding it to the CP.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

TimSad wrote:Looks like my server finally crashed this morning. :( It was up for 38 hours straight!
Damn! Crashed again! Now my server wasn't even up for 12 hours. It just crashed, and was an actual server crash (not disconnection) cause the server was put to the first map in the rotation.
ImageImage