Auto Increment - Still Working?

.Strafe
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Auto Increment - Still Working?

Post by .Strafe »

Grenadier wrote:I can't because I'm at work. One did connect but then he left. I saw 4 others connect and get the welcome but they never showed up in the player count under status
yup, same thing we are experiencing with ours ... whats the name of your server, ill try to connect and see what it does
Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Grenadier »

<TNT> 24/7 Chicago Rush 2 to Start

I can see people joining but one in 4 or so actually connects and spawns, then leaves because they're on their own. I have to get off for now but I'll be home from work in a bit. Thanks for the help.

I think the recent patches reduced the overall crashes but created alot of new issues.
.Strafe
A regular
A regular

Post by .Strafe »

i was able to connect to yours okay ... weird
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

The black screen issue happens when more than 4 ppl try to connect in a fast succession. If the player limit is reached before the auto-increment tool see's those 4-5 players connecting, then it will be gridlocked until map change.

It's kinda wierd how DICE does the protocol. They allow the var to be changed if the cap has not been reached. but if the server slot cap has been reached, the var cannot be changed.

This is why i wanted to suggest john give us a increment option with this plugin. Right now it's set to 4 it seems. I'd like to up that to 5 or 6 to prevent it from happening.

The only way i see this being fixed, is if john's auto increment tool watched your servers player count from battlelog, instead of console, since battlelog see's the players connecting before the server does.

And even then, battlelog only lets you refresh a server's count 5 times per 10 sec, with a max of 30 times a minute.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

We tested this last night with many of us on TS. What appears to be happening is that any incremented slots appear open but you will only get a black cursor screen and be unable to join until the next map change.

It appears that DICE has implemented a change that effectively prevents this tool from working. I don't know if NFO has any more clever ideas? :D

@ NFO - I want to thank you for coming up with a creative idea to a problem your clients have been facing. You have no idea how much this has impressed me and has really validated the decision to come here. Thanks!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any effective way around their change right now. This will also be moot in the near future :|.
JBigsby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JBigsby »

Grenadier wrote:
JBigsby wrote:my problem is it locked yp at 8 players, i could see more trying to join but they couldnt, so i logged out to try myself and sure enough it was stuck on black screen, i turned it off no more traffic, this really sucks if this is the way it was meant to work im going to be uninstalling it as fast as i did bad company 2
Sorry I'm a little thick, where do you see people trying to connect that can't, etc....?

The reason I ask is I just turned the tool on in our 32 man Rush and it instantly threw two people in there. It's gone as high as 8/12 but no higher. I'd be interested to see what's going on from that end.
Sorry couldnt remember where this topic was, I see them in the server control window, it locks the rest trying to join out at 8 players.
This game is just plain broken until r9, the only way to get QM to work riht now according to one of the devs for battlelog is to have an up and running server with atleast 18 people, currently QM doesnt bring a soul to anyone else, only tops off nearly full servers.... or does it? as near as I can see it doesnt even do that right.
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

what if you changed it so that it goes from 8 to 16 to 24 to 32 to 64 so it's hitting the filter numbers?
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Many people are talking about this as a way to avoid the black screen waiting .... is this something NFO could adapt the auto adjuster to do?
figured out what the problem is with the people stuck in the "neutral queue".

At the end of each round, reset the player count to the maximum. The next round has to start at the maximum number of players. Then drop it lower to get the server started. Tried this yesterday and it worked great.

So for 32 players, start the round at 32, then drop to 4, 8 or whatever. If you don't hit 32 by the end of the round, increase the count back to 32 before the next round loads. Then after it loads, drop it back down to just above what your current player count is.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

woowoo, it's not possible to predict the end of the round on our end unless we force the map to change, no.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Edge100x wrote:woowoo, it's not possible to predict the end of the round on our end unless we force the map to change, no.
I see your point.

I assume your tool uses the standard RCON commands to see how many people are on the server and your increment it based on the query results.

I need to review the RCON commands but isn't there a way to see the ticket count (you could in BC2)? If you watch the ticket count you could predict the end of round. This wouldn't work for RUSH but would work for conquest and tdm.

Alternatively, I wonder if resetting the ticket count to default at the beginning of a round and then dropping it back down a bit later would accomplish the same.

The reason I care so much for this tool is that it provides your clients (including me) a competitive advantage. So excuse the thinking out loud on how to fix this issue.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The problem with sinking more time into developing the tool is that it will ultimately be a waste =\. I can't say why.

If I have some time this week, I'll see if there's an easy way to involve the ticket count.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Edge100x wrote:The problem with sinking more time into developing the tool is that it will ultimately be a waste =\. I can't say why.
Understand completely. Thanks for the info.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

You can manually adjust the slots with Procon if you want - and it will instantly effect what shows up in Battlelog
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

GitSum, Procon does it in the same way that the tool does, so the same problems would apply. Right now, this means that on Conquest servers, you have to make the increase before the map changes.

I'll likely have an adjustment for the auto-incrementer later today.