Auto Increment - Still Working?

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Auto Increment - Still Working?

Post by Edge100x »

I've adjusted the auto-incrementer so that it bumps the players up to the max when there are less than 50 tickets left on a server running in Conquest mode (it then lowers them again right after the new round starts). woowoo, if what you said is true, this should take care of the problem.

If the same problem occurs in Rush mode, and this works for Conquest, I can extend it to Rush, too.

Let me know if it helps, guys.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:I've adjusted the auto-incrementer so that it bumps the players up to the max when there are less than 50 tickets left on a server running in Conquest mode (it then lowers them again right after the new round starts). woowoo, if what you said is true, this should take care of the problem.

If the same problem occurs in Rush mode, and this works for Conquest, I can extend it to Rush, too.

Do we need to restart our servers in order for these changes to take effect?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

No, a restart is not required.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Edge100x wrote:I've adjusted the auto-incrementer so that it bumps the players up to the max when there are less than 50 tickets left on a server running in Conquest mode (it then lowers them again right after the new round starts). woowoo, if what you said is true, this should take care of the problem.

Initial signs are promising - I should have more information in the morning. Despite confusion from our members on why the slot count was "bouncing around" I didn't get any reports of difficulty in joining but I haven't heard from everyone yet. More soon.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It re-checks for the 50 ticket count every 2.5 minutes and if anyone joins or leaves the server, to ensure that it doesn't miss the window before the level changes (tickets can go fast with a large server). If 50 tickets is too early to change it even on a nearly-full 64-slot server, I could lower the threshold.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

No one got the "black screen of infinite holding" last night on our conquest server. So it appears to work.

I would love if you could add this to Rush. But how will you know if offense wins the round?
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

yeah add to rush pls...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have it do it for rush when it's 20 tickets within the end of round now.
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Edge100x wrote:It re-checks for the 50 ticket count every 2.5 minutes and if anyone joins or leaves the server, to ensure that it doesn't miss the window before the level changes (tickets can go fast with a large server). If 50 tickets is too early to change it even on a nearly-full 64-slot server, I could lower the threshold.
Had a game crash when it got below 50 tickets. Went back to work so havent gone back to see if I can repeat it.

24slot server: sittingduck
map:Kharg Island
Players: 1

Me, I was attempting to get the pop started, weird yesterday server full from 9am till after midnight, today empty. Anyway, empty server gives me chance to practice flying, so I capped all 3 points and then practiced flying jets and heli's. was flying chopper when it my tickets got below 50 and then wham game locked right up and kicked me. My client froze as well.

No idea if this is related to your project but wanted to give ya an FYI.

Rex
---------
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Interesting. Maybe another game bug is involved, then. Fun!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

I played for 1.5 hours on conquest small going through many maps. We didn't have a server crash.

@ Edge -we'll continue testing and let you know how it works.
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

I have a mixed mode server, using the NFO random map generator. It is random Conq, then random Rush. I just turned on the auto adjuster (8 - 48), so I will post if I have any problems.
Python
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Python »

John you know what would complete your daemon.

On the same setup as the vars.maxplayers, when the tickets drop low change these to vars:

vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0

And after map change, when the server is back to 100% tickets put these vars in place:

vars.roundStartPlayerCount 8
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 4

This would fully automate the system so you can stay on quickplay with no intervention and allow players to still be able to play on the server and not waiting limbo.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, Quickmatch doesn't factor in vars.roundStartPlayerCount or vars.roundRestartPlayerCount, actually. It's best to leave them set to 1 and 0 (respectively) all the time.

Future updates to BF3 and/or Battlelog may change that.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Tried it again today and still blocking players from joining on SQDM and I think on TDM.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/