Auto Increment - Still Working?

Klikster
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Auto Increment - Still Working?

Post by Klikster »

My server seems to have croaked at around 2AM and I haven't had people joining on it since then.

Just wondering if the auto increment maxplayers thing is still working for anyone? I tried turning it on about 2 hours ago and didn't get anyone in my server! :(

Still empty, le sigh..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Auto Increment - Still Working?

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, it's still working right now. However, keep in mind that during the middle of the night, and even more during the day now, there are a *ton* of servers and not all that many players. They get spread out so much by Quickmatch that making your server appealing to players during these off-times using the browser is just as important, or more important, to filling it up past a few players. My current suggestion is to use QM to get the first few players, supplement with some of your own guys, and then turn off the adjuster and manually bump up the slots to 32 or 64. With good settings, a maximum number of players that people will select in their filter, and seed players so that the server isn't empty, you're more likely to fill up from there.
JBigsby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JBigsby »

I run QM settings with the auto adjuster and get nobody since battlelog 2.0
It turned everything into a ghost town.
Does dice give you guys any indication that this will be put right ? because everything I read from them they are blaming you and me and everyone but them for not being either smart enough to run a server or to dont know how to protect the precious unique identifier.
As much as I try I cannot see the logic in over selling the slot to actual player ratio and then fixing it by randomizing and scattering the seemingly few people looking for a game.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

the quickmatch feature is (for right now) keeping servers full. And not filling servers from scratch. Maybe this is what they intended for when they made it. It is hard to populate a server It took me quite a while. And Yes I use the Incrementer tool. Without it there is no way to fill a 32 man server with less then 18 people. Once the server is above 18 It fill instantly. If for some reason at night it gets bellow 18.. the server will not get any quickmatch love at all.
Klikster
A regular
A regular

Post by Klikster »

I managed to get 2 spontaneous people to join, the idled myself in there with the auto incrementer set, it's gone from 3/8 to 12/16 in about 30 minutes, so it is working.

It's just that initial batch of seeds idling that you need. :)
JBigsby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JBigsby »

my problem is it locked yp at 8 players, i could see more trying to join but they couldnt, so i logged out to try myself and sure enough it was stuck on black screen, i turned it off no more traffic, this really sucks if this is the way it was meant to work im going to be uninstalling it as fast as i did bad company 2
gotchay
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gotchay »

After the latest Battelog update my server has been fairly empty. The auto increment only works up until 8 or so players and then stops. This on a 32 player conquest server.

Before the Battelog update it was running 32/32 for most part of the day and only died out during the late night/early morning.
Brutus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Brutus »

It seems to be working on my server. I have found with the new changes to the server browser that I have to seed the server and it doesn't ever seem to get full, but it keeps a decent player base during the premium gaming hours.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Start filling your server in Rush mode on Davamand Peak. That's the most popular game mode and map atm. Then transition into Conquest Large or whatever your trying to achieve with your particular server.

It helps to have 5-8 seed players, that will get you started for sure.
.Strafe
A regular
A regular

Post by .Strafe »

im having an issue where if we are running the dynamic slot program no one (including myself) is able to connect to our server. it shows many, many people trying to connect but none of them actually hit the server (im assuming black screen issue) ...

however once i turn off the dynamic slot program, i can connect to the server without issue, but the server log shows that I no longer grab the QM players ...

any ideas?
Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Grenadier »

JBigsby wrote:my problem is it locked yp at 8 players, i could see more trying to join but they couldnt, so i logged out to try myself and sure enough it was stuck on black screen, i turned it off no more traffic, this really sucks if this is the way it was meant to work im going to be uninstalling it as fast as i did bad company 2
Sorry I'm a little thick, where do you see people trying to connect that can't, etc....?

The reason I ask is I just turned the tool on in our 32 man Rush and it instantly threw two people in there. It's gone as high as 8/12 but no higher. I'd be interested to see what's going on from that end.
.Strafe
A regular
A regular

Post by .Strafe »

Grenadier wrote:
JBigsby wrote:my problem is it locked yp at 8 players, i could see more trying to join but they couldnt, so i logged out to try myself and sure enough it was stuck on black screen, i turned it off no more traffic, this really sucks if this is the way it was meant to work im going to be uninstalling it as fast as i did bad company 2
Sorry I'm a little thick, where do you see people trying to connect that can't, etc....?

The reason I ask is I just turned the tool on in our 32 man Rush and it instantly threw two people in there. It's gone as high as 8/12 but no higher. I'd be interested to see what's going on from that end.
go into your control panel and look under the "server control" tab for the rcon log ... you can see people connecting to the server but for some reason (black screen) they never get connected and end up Alt-F4 ...
Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Grenadier »

OK thanks much. One of the guys was in there and he said it would not let anymore than 6 join. I upped the upper limit to 64 and restarted. It's back to 0/4. Waiting to see what happens and considering a GUID change.
.Strafe
A regular
A regular

Post by .Strafe »

Grenadier wrote:OK thanks much. One of the guys was in there and he said it would not let anymore than 6 join. I upped the upper limit to 64 and restarted. It's back to 0/4. Waiting to see what happens and considering a GUID change.
now that its back to 0/4 try connecting, let me know if you can ...

also watch the rcon log and see if it shows people trying to connect, but your player count stays at 0?
Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Grenadier »

I can't because I'm at work. One did connect but then he left. I saw 4 others connect and get the welcome but they never showed up in the player count under status