Battlefield 3 Update R9 News

IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 3 Update R9 News

Post by IcEWoLF »

The R9 update for Battlefield 3 has been delayed until this Wednesday. This patch is expected to fix most issues you all have been having with server crashes and issues getting your servers populated / showing in battlelog.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: Battlefield 3 Update R9 News

Post by GitSum »

Good news!

What was your source?
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I rent from another provider and that's what they announced under the news section.

They have been correct on all of their announcements so far..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

RSPs are not allowed to release internal estimates, so that provider would be breaking their contract in issuing any sort of update, if that is what they are doing.

Right now R9 has no firm release date that DICE has announced, for good reason. I would not put too much faith in this one.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Does that mean you know some things that we don't John? Image

Anyways, It's Monday, but I am hopeful that they will have R9 released soon...
It's super annoying having empty servers and wasting money and space..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Whether servers fill is more up to Battlelog, the number of empty servers currently out there compared to the number of players, and factors that the customer controls (number of seed players, server mode, etc). So, I don't expect for R9 to help with server emptiness issues. R9 may help with crashes and other concerns, however, and near the end of this month, I expect for the a ton of empty preordered servers to go down after their first paid month ends.

It is up to EA/DICE to release information publicly on R9.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

I kinda get all gitty when people complain and say that they are going to cancel at the end of the month... Sorry about your loss John, but YAY more players to play on my server.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I wouldn't cancel all my servers, just cutting back from 4 to 2.
And possibly lower my cores from 6 to 4.
No use wasting money for now until EA gets everything squared away.

It's disappointing that EA has a horrible broken system, I hope you are giving this information to EA John (please).
I have to call out EA and tell them this was the worst online MP bust ever (besides MW3 dedicated servers)
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

You obviously weren't around for the Crysis 2 launch. Way worse than this.
Smoka Cola
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Smoka Cola »

^ Or BC2 the first 3 weeks you could barely log into EA Login, and half the time it would shut down. At least you can get a few hours in on this game, sometimes a whole day before anything crashes or a server empties.
//RS Maverick
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by //RS Maverick »

Edge100x wrote:Whether servers fill is more up to Battlelog, the number of empty servers currently out there compared to the number of players, and factors that the customer controls (number of seed players, server mode, etc). So, I don't expect for R9 to help with server emptiness issues. R9 may help with crashes and other concerns, however, and near the end of this month, I expect for the a ton of empty preordered servers to go down after their first paid month ends.

It is up to EA/DICE to release information publicly on R9.
Agreed. I think the only thing holding me back from a full server everyday is the infamous black loading screen.... I can see joiners in battlelog constantly but the number just idles at 14...16....18... then back down to 8 because no one can get through. I'm confident that if R9 fixes this... alot of us will have full servers.

Gotta give it to NFO for handling Dice's crappy server side issues so well. You guys rock.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Still John, I expect some type of help from ea with quick match filling up my servers when I have 12-15 of my guys in there for hours..
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Forbestoo wrote:You obviously weren't around for the Crysis 2 launch. Way worse than this.
I don't play Crysis and we don't run a Crysis division so I wouldnt know.

If ea is charging gsp to provide ranked servers then we should expect the same type of service when we are paying extra to host ranked servers.
We the server owners are kept in the dark until gsp announce version releases.
I know it's in the tos but hopefully ea improves this in the future.
I am not pointing my fingers to NFo, but EA/Dice.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

IcEWoLF wrote:Still John, I expect some type of help from ea with quick match filling up my servers when I have 12-15 of my guys in there for hours..
I wouldn't expect any QM players on a 64-slot server, since it does not fill them by default. To get QM players, you should be running with the vars.maxPlayers set to 32.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:
IcEWoLF wrote:Still John, I expect some type of help from ea with quick match filling up my servers when I have 12-15 of my guys in there for hours..
I wouldn't expect any QM players on a 64-slot server, since it does not fill them by default. To get QM players, you should be running with the vars.maxPlayers set to 32.
Well it use to, and I think some of the owners here have their players automatically join 64 via quickmatch.
At least that was the case for me for the first week when my 64 player was full...until Dice had to go in there and mess with battlelog.
I am running 32 player slots too, no success there either.