Procon hosting

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Procon hosting

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

IcEWoLF wrote:More expensive if you have multiple servers.
Most hosts offer a limit of 5 servers for 1 rental fee.
I am not putting restrictions on for now, but if needed we may later on.
GS offers up to 10, which for 95% of the people should be enough, I'd say.

BTW NFo needs to have the option of procon so we don't have to advertise other providers here :P[/quote]

If you actually make a moch order, you will see they charge $2 per game server.
Change the servers to 10 and it changes the price to $20.91 per month.

globel wrote:I run b3 for bf3 on a windows machine. The guy that makes b3 (Courgette) is currently working his pants off for it. Last update was on the 27th.

http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/bf3b3-be ... e-for-bf3/
How are you running this on windows? Still looks like linux version still is only available unless I missed it.

HarryNutz wrote:Currently I am hosting everything with GS cause I like all my eggs in one basket and makes paying one company easier then multiple. I am seriously considering moving over to NFO, but one thing is stopping me... No ProCon hosting. GS and all their damn restrictions is irritating me beyond belief... they don't (and won't) offer BF3 PB FTP access... they don't (and won't) offer MW3 FTP access and keep saying they will offer FTP/Log access for ProCon and been keeping my members waiting for 3 weeks now.

So basically I would move over here in a heartbeat if I could get some kind of confirmation on if NFO will be offering it and if they will also have FTP/Log access available so I can give out Admin rights and keep track of them to be sure no abuse is going on.
GS has always been a pain in the yahoo, forcing customers to the breaking point before they provide any solution. No need not to offer full ftp access to all Procon files. This allows the user to also update procon themselves by uploading the new files when needed. Allows updating plugins and accessing all logs too.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

Again... I sure hope NFO is listening and would respond with some insight... Im ready to jump ship, just need the ProCon life preserver to be tossed.
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

So anyone know what the odds are of this becoming a reality here? Probably going to switch providers anyway... but this for sure would be the icing on the cake for me.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Harry - I have been looking into moving my Procon Layer Server off of one of my home computers and contacted GameServers.com about it

I would definitely not use a host that did not allow ftp access to the files. I specifically asked about it - here is there reply:
We actually just enabled FTP for our ProCon layers this morning.

Thank you,
Andrew Miesner
GameServers.com
I sure wish we would hear something definitive from NFO about this - because I am probably going to switch in the next day or two

NFO - any updates??????
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I sure wish we would hear something definitive from NFO about this - because I am probably going to switch in the next day or two

NFO - any updates??????
Procon hosting is something John has been working on for a little bit. It will come out eventually.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

Is eventually months away? lol
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Any implementation of Procon here will take a lot of work and I still have not had time to look at it yet, I'm sorry.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

After talking to John, he welcomes any help with providing hosting for Procon, to prevent using competitors services. John has mentioned he has great interest in providing Procon to us, but has a large to do list to attend to first.

What I am offering is Procon Hosting for the NFO community until John gets around to making it available here. At which time you can consider keeping your service as it is, or switch over to NFO Procon Hosting.

First off, to let everyone know, I don't provide 24/7 support as I have a day job as many of you do, so evenings and weekends are my times of availability, but I do have a clan member which works from home as a website developer, so he can help on occasion during the day.

It was mentioned in this post about other competitors fees and I took this into consideration. I dropped the setup fee from $5 to $3, and am offering a Xmas coupon code: ProconXmas for $5 off your signup.

What you get:

- Subusers to help maintain your Procon Layer Instance
- FTP Access to Procon directory
- Up to 10 game servers on one Procon application.
- Start / Stop your service with the click of a mouse
- FREE upgrade to 2.0 when available

Cost:

$3.00 setup
$3.50/month or $30.00/year

Coupon Code: "ProconXmas" for $5.00 - valid till Dec. 25/11

So your order for the first month would be:

$3.00(setup) + $3.50(monthly) - $5.00(coupon) = $1.50

Purchase: http://aaquacks.com/forum/index.php/sto ... n-hosting/
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

Gonna be switching over here and I guess keep ProCon with my other host since they now have FTP access to it... but really do hope you guys end up hosting so I don't have to waste my time doing a $2 monthly payment elsewhere for it lol.