Idle kick 300?

Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Idle kick 300?

Post by Sorry »

So now it takes 4 people to start a match. The idle kick is locked at 300 seconds. You are frozen so you can't even move to stop being idle kicked at 5 minutes... EA couldn't turn the points off till 4 or more? :evil: :evil:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Idle kick 300?

Post by Edge100x »

I've been a booster for allowing player movement without stats reporting since the BF3 beta days (in the form of repetitive feedback to DICE), but we haven't seen it implemented yet. BC2 allowed this and it was much more satisfying than being locked in place.

I also recommended to DICE that they continue to allow admins to adjust vars.idleTimeout, after I learned that it would be removed in R9. I felt that taking it out was a step back, since this setting was *added* in BC2 in response to demand from players.

On the good news front, DICE has taken a lot of the advice I've given them on other changes they proposed in R9.
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RadicalMode »

More empty servers...
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Yea its got me concerned as I run a small slot server that always filled up because you could start with 1 or more, I suspect this will kill my server off, we shall see, just started to get a community going too.

rex
------
deadandy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadandy »

This is a huge step back. Many server owners depend on leaving seeds online until everything is going, without babysitting every 5 min.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

It is very stupid. Just don't make us frozen and I'm happy - as Edge said - make it like BC2.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yea if I cant idle in my server, and need 4 just to start, there is no point in having the server. I couldn't get it filled before, this just made things even more difficult. Its ridiculous. If they want a 4 person start that's one things, but telling me as a server owner I cant idle is quite another.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

TacTicToe wrote:Yea if I cant idle in my server, and need 4 just to start, there is no point in having the server. I couldn't get it filled before, this just made things even more difficult. Its ridiculous. If they want a 4 person start that's one things, but telling me as a server owner I cant idle is quite another.
Its being frozen is what kills me. At least in BC2 you could practice flying or explore the map. Or launch vehicles. :)
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

This will lead to more canceled servers.
Dr.Tek
A regular
A regular

Post by Dr.Tek »

This is definitely going to put a hurt on my servers. It's like the devs at DICE have never tried to run and or populate a server before...
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

Dr.Tek wrote:This is definitely going to put a hurt on my servers. It's like the devs at DICE have never tried to run and or populate a server before...

yea they just put there servers on the quickmatch bandwagen. Some servers get it.. some servers fill from empty in seconds... from quick match... others don't
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

it seems like the battlelog only shows the same servers now like it use too. I am using the list and I see the same servers every time.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

With idle set at 300, it will be incredibly hard to populate servers, especially for small clans.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

MyOdessa wrote:With idle set at 300, it will be incredibly hard to populate servers, especially for small clans.
Why can't small clans get together and start / share servers together. Might help getting enough people together. Especially if one clan has more then enough resources to support a few.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

i would imagine it would be hard to advertise recruiting in a server you share with another clan.