Players 'frozen' after R9

Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Players 'frozen' after R9

Post by Unicornasaurus »

Hey guys,

I've had it twice now that players have reported that they can't move, and they're frozen in place. They can still chat and access menus and such, but movement is frozen.

The first time was in the wee hours of the morning when I was asleep, but I could see from the chat logs that it was frozen. The 2nd time, I had JUST started a manual websync. It's set to automatically sync in the morning as well. Not sure if there's any relation between the two, or if it's just coincidence.

Either way, I have to restart the round to regain player movement again. Has anyone else run in to this issue?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Players 'frozen' after R9

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like they were in the preround. How many players were in the server at the time, and what did you have the round start / preround start values set to?
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

Edge100x wrote:It sounds like they were in the preround. How many players were in the server at the time, and what did you have the round start / preround start values set to?
There was about 24 players in the server. Pre-round had ended, but they still couldn't move.

The # of players to start was set to 4. I tried to set it to 1, but due to R9 it defaults it to 4 if it's anything lower.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That is a bizarre new bug, then. I hope it doesn't become common.
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

Edge100x wrote:That is a bizarre new bug, then. I hope it doesn't become common.
I was RCON'ed in at the time, so I didn't see it. I did asks one of the players who witnessed it, and he described it as "The counter went away, but it's like it was still counting", and that they couldn't move.

I'm hesitant to test the websync again in case that is the problem (although it doesn't make sense that it would be..)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Websync for a BF3 server doesn't send any commands to the server, so it wouldn't have any bearing on this problem. It is a read-only operation that just looks at the PB files.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

is there any plans to upgrade/change the websync. make it update more often or maybe make your own scheduler for updating the screen shots. or make a weblink so anyone can update the screen shots. https://www.nfoservers.com/wbsynk.pl?us ... @email.add
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RadicalMode »

it happened in one of my servers... I had to restart it.

sometimes the server crashes and returns with this "new feature". :D
Individual
A regular
A regular

Post by Individual »

Happend in my Conq server earlier. Hasn't happened in the other servers at all though.
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

Happened again just now. Last time it happened was the day of the patch.

Doing a restart round via ProCon seems to resolve it every time.