BF3 R10 update

RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF3 R10 update

Post by RexKramer »

I just don't get it, my server having been absolutely dead since R9 because of no ability to self seed with the 4 player min, just after midnight, got seeded and has been full since.

If anything this just proves how important having the ability to self seed is.

rex
------
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Youre lucky. R10 allows you to idle again, but I haven't gotten players in my server since its gone online. Have tried all the tricks too. Closest I have come was 7 players, but we needed 8 to start. So they got tired of waiting around, left and it was back to me, myself and I again.

These BF3 servers seem so hit and miss.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

R10 has the queue system included with it . They didn't say anything..... maybe it works now.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

that explains why in battlelog I see a [1] after my 32/32 players. Now if we could get reserved slots working that would be awesome!
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Yeppers, my server has been full 24/7 basically since day one, 64 right now with 5 in the queue :)
Last edited by Clay52 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

R10 doesn't have a join queue, but they're experimenting with one on the web (Battlelog) end, apparently.
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

I seem to still be having some issues with the ticket count & my server in general. My server name and ticket count keeps resetting to an older version of the server name (really old version) and the ticket count resets as well, even though I have it set in the startup.txt
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Unicornasaurus wrote:I seem to still be having some issues with the ticket count & my server in general. My server name and ticket count keeps resetting to an older version of the server name (really old version) and the ticket count resets as well, even though I have it set in the startup.txt
Odd, never had that issue here, Edge?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Unicornasaurus, we don't define the server name in startup.txt -- we use another file. So, make sure that you have it defined to what you want on the "Easy setup" page, and don't put a line for it in startup.txt.

The ticket count (vars.gameModeCounter) is read and written to startup.txt when the "Easy setup" page is used. Make sure that you only have it specified once in that file, as if you specify it more than once, that will confuse the page and the game.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

i am having issues with R10 not letting people join the server... disconnected by EA... It happens to me to 1 time but i can eventually join... but one of my servers took a shit.... it said it had 32/32 on battlelog but only had 10 people and everyone trying to join got disconnected in a NEW WAY ... disconnected by EA.
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

Edge100x wrote:Unicornasaurus, we don't define the server name in startup.txt -- we use another file. So, make sure that you have it defined to what you want on the "Easy setup" page, and don't put a line for it in startup.txt.

The ticket count (vars.gameModeCounter) is read and written to startup.txt when the "Easy setup" page is used. Make sure that you only have it specified once in that file, as if you specify it more than once, that will confuse the page and the game.
That's the weird thing, is that the "Status" page on the control panel would show a different server name, and the Easy Setup would show the correct name.

The ticket count is also showing correct in the Easy Setup..but it seems to revert after a couple rounds.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If the server name has an entry in the startup.txt file, it will cause a conflict instead of just being ignored. Try completely removing all entries that you are having trouble with from the startup.txt file and then just enter them on the Easy setup page. That should resolve the issue for you.
TimeX
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

havent had any issues w/ R10 yet and seems like ppl can idle fine...
Unicornasaurus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Unicornasaurus »

TimeX wrote:If the server name has an entry in the startup.txt file, it will cause a conflict instead of just being ignored. Try completely removing all entries that you are having trouble with from the startup.txt file and then just enter them on the Easy setup page. That should resolve the issue for you.
The server name wasn't originally in the startup.txt, but I had added it in there to see if it would stop the name changing. I have removed it, and the name has stayed the same so far. The ticket count keeps resetting though. I have no idea why, but it will revert to 100, even though the startup.txt indicates 286.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Damn! Server crashed again! It least it is staying up a LOT longer than it has with the previous server versions...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage