BF3 Server traffic

Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Server traffic

Post by Spyderspartan »

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. We have a 64 man server that for the first 2 weeks BF3 was out was constantly full. It would run full 24/7. (I think we were ranked 12th according to game tracker).

But then something happened. Right around November 5-8th area we stopped see any traffic. We didn't change a thing in this time. We would have 10-20 clan members baiting the server for hours and still see nothing. I'm not sure what happened but it appears that it might have been an update with battlelog?

Now we bait the server with 20 people or so and no one shows up. We maybe get 3 or 4 people joining and none of them are ever from quickmatch. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I've actually had a couple other clan leaders jump on our TS saying they were having the same problem as us. Something just doesn't seem right...

Our server is here:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... ision-com/
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BF3 Server traffic

Post by TacTicToe »

I haven't been able to fill my server since it has gone online, and I have tried every suggested trick there is for seeding the servers. At R8 we were able to idle and could run around with only 1 or 2 people on the server. Then R9 screwed the pooch and removed those options. You would be kicked for trying to idle on your own server. R10 re-enabled the ability to idle, but you are frozen in place till at least 5 people are on the server.

Most I have had on the server thus far were 7 players. That's pretty sad. I see some servers, that I have played on and crash constantly, not only full but a half dozen people sitting in queue waiting to get in. Its just ridiculous. Honestly, I thought with Thanksgiving weekend, something would have happened. I am going to wait through the weekend, and see if it picks up. Seems there are just too damn many servers at the moment. With 10,000+ servers, and 80% of them sitting empty, there is simply too much competition.

Sad, but that's my evaluation at the moment.
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

as has been stated many times the 64's dont seem to fill up...i dont think being hardcore helps either...you're catering to a smaller section of people and won't be getting much quickmatch love either...

and this > With 10,000+ servers, and 80% of them sitting empty, there is simply too much competition.

simple supply and demand
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

nutz wrote:as has been stated many times the 64's dont seem to fill up...i dont think being hardcore helps either...you're catering to a smaller section of people and won't be getting much quickmatch love either...

and this > With 10,000+ servers, and 80% of them sitting empty, there is simply too much competition.

simple supply and demand
That may be true. I was just curious to see if anyone could point out a reason why we were packed for the first 2 weeks though.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

my guess is that you were part of the Lucky 150 before they fixed the browser
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I anticipate server numbers to start dropping off a bit before long. They are simply too damned expensive to have, maintain, and sit empty. Even with that said, if 2,000 drop off, there will still be over 8,000 servers out there, with an estimated 300,000+ slots to fill. :roll:

There will be a short bump mid December when the Karkand map pack comes out. By mid January we will all be like, "why is my server so empty lately" as people get over the novelty and move on. :mrgreen:
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Ironman44 wrote:
Spyderspartan wrote:
nutz wrote:as has been stated many times the 64's dont seem to fill up...i dont think being hardcore helps either...you're catering to a smaller section of people and won't be getting much quickmatch love either...

simple supply and demand
That may be true. I was just curious to see if anyone could point out a reason why we were packed for the first 2 weeks though.
my guess is that you were part of the Lucky 150 before they fixed the browser
Yep! The first few weeks, with any server filtering or none at all, there would be a select 150 servers that would pop up every time for everyone. So, whoever was one of those 150 servers did really well as those were always the only ones that could be seen.

Now, there are 300 servers listed rather than 150 and now random servers are returned to the browser rather than the same ones every time. I guess you were one of the lucky ones.

Later on, during the 150 static servers days, people found that changing your server GUID could potentially put your server in with those 150 servers. They would just keep changing their server GUID until they saw themselves in the browser with whatever filters they liked. Of course, doing so would obviously bump off a server from that list that was formerly there so there could always have been the chance that your server would be bumped off the list.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage