Well I m Surprised I must say

RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Well I m Surprised I must say

Post by RexKramer »

My server ran over 4 days at near full capacity with no crashes or restarts, around 1 am last night NFO decided my server needed the r10 patch and restarted my server, it had been dead since. As its been my fear with the R9 BS of 4 player min to seed. So I logged on when I got up while I did my pre-go-to-work routine, server got 3 more players and started w/out me even knowing (idle timer must work) lol

Well Im setting here at work and see the server is staying populated so a 'tip of the hat' to ya NFO even though EA keeps trying to screw things up.

<knocks on wood>
Rex
------
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Well I m Surprised I must say

Post by Edge100x »

To clarify on the update, we've been applying R10 to all servers as they empty out over the last few days. Your server was already empty when it did this, and feedback indicates that R10 is better in every way than R9, so this had no downside.
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Not sure if this coincidence or what but I just had a full server go empty (crash?) when I sent a command thru the rcon tool we use at nfo:

!say, Looking For More [SD] Drunks..errr Members, Click the 9% on Our Webpage Today!

rex
--------
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

What you typed (!say,") is an invalid command and our daemon would have ignored it. I tested with "!say Looking For More [SD] Drunks..errr Members, Click the 9% on Our Webpage Today!" in the admin tool on another server here just now and it worked fine, as well. So I agree that this was a coincidence (and unrelated to this thread topic).
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Is there anything I can examine on my logs to see what might have caused this? All I'm seeing is everyones "lost connections"

Thanks
Rex
-----
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

I'm actually still on R9 (in no rush for R10) as my server has been full around the clock without and crashes for the last 6 days. I figure I will wait till it crashes and then do the upgrade. It's only a deathmatch server, so I suspect that is why I havent had any crashes.

I've been letting this server run on its own since day 1 and the people keep coming!
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Wow, coincidence? My server was cruising along as usual and then bam, late last night around 11:30pm or so my time MST, crash after crash after crash, was dead for 5 hours or so until started to fill up again in the mid morning hours.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

I have more crashes after R10
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52, if you had a bunch of crashes in a row, that sounds a lot like a problem with the banlist.txt being too long. I recommend clearing it out.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I ran my server full for 3 days now, only 1 crash!
I am very pleased with my service with NFo so far!
Keep up the good work.
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

I've been very pleased with NFO, especially when I here my main guild leader's nightmare he's having with our 64 slot'r at gameserver.

I must add I dont know how much Procon will effect a servers behavior but the only time I had a mid day crash mentioned above, I had left Procon on running at my house puter while I was at work (I work above my garage) and no body home, I also note that the 64slot'r at gameserver has multiple procon connections to it for admin'n... speculation for sure.... but I stop'd using procon and use the nfo client only

rex
----
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Clay52, if you had a bunch of crashes in a row, that sounds a lot like a problem with the banlist.txt being too long. I recommend clearing it out.
Yes I do recall now but how in the world can the ban list be too long? Can only ban finite group of people? That's insane!
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Does this also apply to temp bans? Perhaps that could be an option for most of the pinheads and save bans for racist/derogatory and haxors.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

The game servers actually have two files for bans
  1. BanList.txt - contains bans by EA GUID, Name and IP. Each ban takes 5 lines
  2. pbbans.dat - only contains bans by PB GUID, Each ban only takes 2 lines (one of them is a space)
I have heard that the banlist.txt file can cause problems if it is too long, but so far there does not appear to be any problems with the pbbans.dat file

I think the better way to ban is by PB GUI anyways - but one solution for large banlist.txt files would be to convert the ban to a PB GUID and list it in the pbbans.dat file instead
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

or use an outside banlist like metabans . That way you can share your bans to all your servers at the same time