General questions about my Server

CM17X
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

General questions about my Server

Post by CM17X »

HI, thanks for read and help me out.
I wanted to ask a question on the battlefield 3 section (servers) but looks like i cant
I have some smalls questions because is the first time i need to set up a game server, i ont sure if i have to upload the maps, etc.
Pleae help and sorry in advance
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: General questions about my Server

Post by GitSum »

DICE restricts access to any BF3 files - so everything is already on the server, you just need to configure it

Go into your NFO Control Panel and click on the "Easy Setup" tab - that is where you will find all the settings and map list for your server
CM17X
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CM17X »

Thnks so much for your reply, my friend, i just realized than the server is already on :D
But i got another question, i want my server appear as hardcore, but, if i modified something on the easysetup, as "spanw on the squad leader2 it automatically set the server to custom. Is there a way to avoid that and force the server to appear as hardcore?

Thanks again and sorry if this isnt thee right section.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

To quickly and easily make your server hardcore, click "Set hardcore" on the "Easy setup" page. The system will change all of the appropriate variables for you when you do this.
CM17X
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CM17X »

I did it, thanks, but if i change something like no spawn on the squad leader, its appear on the battlelog as Custom, i want o know if there is a possibility to make changes but get the "hardcore" rank on Battlelog.

Thanks
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

The only way to make it show up as Hardcore is to use the pre defined setup
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

I have attached a link to the latest server docs - r11

Download the file and look at the "BF3 PC Server Administration.pdf" in particular the chart on page 12. Hardcore requires those specific settings, or your server will show up as "custom" in Battlelog. Note - the chart is WRONG for spawn only on squad leader - it has to be set to TRUE for hardcore

You can change some other things - like vehicle respawn time

To get your server to start with 4 players:
Round start player count: 4
Preround start player count: 2

http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... trator.zip
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

CM17X, try changing whatever you'd like and then clicking "Set hardcore". If the page changes something back, that means it is required to have that value in order for the server to show as hardcore in Battlelog.

GitSum, It does list vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn as needing to be set to "true" for hardcore mode in that document. Were you looking at a different column?

I recommend setting the round start player count to "1" and the preround start player count to "0" right now, to avoid the use of a preround. In the current version of the game, you can't move during the preround.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Edge100x wrote: GitSum, It does list vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn as needing to be set to "true" for hardcore mode in that document. Were you looking at a different column?.
Yep - my bad. For some reason when I wrote that, I was thinking that the last column was hardcore, sorry :oops: