BF3 Server Patch R12

woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Server Patch R12

Post by woowoo »

BF3 PC Server R12 will be released on Tuesday. Exact timing to be confirmed; I will update this post once it is confirmed.

We will have a downtime for the master servers. The RSPs will begin updating their game servers at this point. Those admins which have had their servers updated to R12 can then add the Back to Karkand maps to the map rotation.

There will not be any client update - all that was taken care of last week.

Server R12 manual is available here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... trator.zip

Changelog
* General crashfixes
* Fixed problem where kits would remain on the level for a long time (>10 minutes); this would eventually make the server keel over
* The Back to Karkand maps are included

Notice that there are two variations on the Conquest gamemode. The differences are mainly to do with the flags. You will see a "#2" after the map name for a server that runs the second Conquest variation.

Game servers can mix and match B2K and non-B2K maps. Players who have not purchased B2K will be warned if they attempt to join a server with B2K maps in the rotation. Quickmatch will not send those players to servers with B2K maps in the rotation either. The guiding principle here is: if possible, avoid having people get kicked from servers.

source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 788871326/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BF3 Server Patch R12

Post by Edge100x »

The "Fixed problem where kits would remain on the level for a long time (>10 minutes); this would eventually make the server keel over" bug is likely what causes most of the crashes we are seeing right now, which relate to high player counts and high-ticket-count maps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Game servers can mix and match B2K and non-B2K maps. Players who have not purchased B2K will be warned if they attempt to join a server with B2K maps in the rotation. Quickmatch will not send those players to servers with B2K maps in the rotation either. The guiding principle here is: if possible, avoid having people get kicked from servers.
This doesn't play nice with our admin daemon's map cycler, since it only puts one map in the list at a time (having it follow and adjust a maplist as it cycles is much more complicated); if a server runs both regular and B2K maps, this will result in players joining who may not have B2K. Today, I've been looking at ways to populate the rest of the cycle with appropriate map information, while still only having the first map used and changed by the system (if a random mapcycle is used, it would include all the maps later in its cycle, for instance, just for reference). However, multiple game bugs related to the mapList system are making this difficult. I've let DICE know of these bugs and I'm trying to find ways around them.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

One little thing I wish they would fix is that your camo resets to default everytime the map changes.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I sure hope this fixes all outstanding issues, I must say Dice did a decent job of fixing this game, At least compared to a COD.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's taken them awhile to remove some very common server crashing bugs, which I haven't been thrilled with, and the game is still missing server-side basics, some of which were promised from the beginning, such as reserved slots and a say-to-a-player primitive. I'd characterize the progress as slow but steady.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Well when you put it that way..lol
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:It's taken them awhile to remove some very common server crashing bugs, which I haven't been thrilled with, and the game is still missing server-side basics, some of which were promised from the beginning, such as reserved slots and a say-to-a-player primitive. I'd characterize the progress as slow but steady.
Or the option to change map to a specific map.
No in game VOIP!
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

No ingame VOIP is whats killing it for most of my members and myself... and I also blame it for not getting any new members into the clan. Black Ops (though I hate it), had new member rolling in the doors on the second day of release and I attribute it to mostly the fact that the ingame VOIP allows for a more socially enjoyable environment.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If your using Procon, you can change to a specific map if you have the maplist created.
Just double click a map in the maplist and the server changes to it.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You can also use the !map command through the daemon here to change the map.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Edge100x wrote:You can also use the !map command through the daemon here to change the map.
I do !nextmap, but does !map MP_xxx change it to that particular map? if so can someone post a map list with names please ?

Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, !map does work to change to a specific map. The full list of maps is kept up-to-date on the "Easy setup" of the control panel, under "What maps and modes are available?" when the NFO map cycler is turned off. It is currently:
MP_001 - Grand Bazaar
MP_003 - Teheran Highway
MP_007 - Caspian Border
MP_011 - Seine Crossing
MP_012 - Operation Firestorm
MP_013 - Damavand Peak
MP_017 - Noshahar Canals
MP_018 - Kharg Island
MP_Subway - Operation Metro
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Any information yet on when NFO will start rolling out the updates tomorrow? Just trying to know when to get map rotations updated.

Here's the only info I've found so far on availability.

Source: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu ... ?id=165768

Tomorrow between 10am CET and 11am CET we are going to perform maintenance on Xbox 360 and PC.

Back to Karkand Release Schedule
13th December
Xbox 360: starting at 09:00 GMT (1am PST / 4am EST)
PC digital: starting at 08:00 GMT (12am PST / 3am EST)

15th December
PC code in a box

BF3 PC Server R12 is due next Tuesday
BF3 PC Server R12 will be released on Tuesday. Exact timing to be confirmed; I will update this post once it is confirmed.

We will have a downtime for the master servers. The RSPs will begin updating their game servers at this point. Those admins which have had their servers updated to R12 can then add the Back to Karkand maps to the map rotation.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We'll update them whenever EA/DICE does its Battlelog maintenance, as with other recent updates. The server will be updated by the time their maintenance event is over. They haven't told us when that maintenance window will be yet, but I see that https://help.ea.com/article/back-to-kar ... e-schedule lists the release as midnight PST, which would be in line with R9 and R11's midnight Tuesday releases.

The quote of "Tomorrow between 10am CET and 11am CET we are going to perform maintenance on Xbox 360 and PC." (which would be one hour later) could be old information; I don't see an EA source listed for that.