Karkand is Conquest Assault only?

Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Karkand is Conquest Assault only?

Post by Scarab »

Tried all of the combinations this morning, then restarted the server each time, yet it always reverted to Conquest Assault Mode (all flags taken). The only difference I could see was the amount of flags to cap. Did I miss a memo or something?
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Karkand is Conquest Assault only?

Post by Ironman44 »

Its a known bug. We all await r13
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

R13/R14 does not change this AFAIK. It only fixes the "content not found" problem, for many clients.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Anyone seen any info on when we will be able to run Conquest Large maps in B2K ?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We had some conquestlarge run correctly.
Can't remember for sure, but I think 2 and 4.
3 was the assault version.
Wasn't on for 1.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Ironman44 wrote:Anyone seen any info on when we will be able to run Conquest Large maps in B2K ?
What do you guys mean? ConquestLarge0 runs the map as is. Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island are all Conquest Assault by default. That's just the mode of CQ is defined by the map. So, running any other variation of Conquest isn't gonna change it away from Conquest Assault. Running ConquestSmall0 and ConquestSmall1 will just reduce the number of flags.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

TimSad wrote:
Ironman44 wrote:Anyone seen any info on when we will be able to run Conquest Large maps in B2K ?
What do you guys mean? ConquestLarge0 runs the map as is. Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island are all Conquest Assault by default. That's just the mode of CQ is defined by the map. So, running any other variation of Conquest isn't gonna change it away from Conquest Assault. Running ConquestSmall0 and ConquestSmall1 will just reduce the number of flags.
I did not realize this as I did not play BF2, thanks for the info
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

on ps3 and xbox you can play all of the new maps in conquest and conquest assault... this cannot be done on the pc.... Do you understand?

there are versions of these maps in a normal conquest.
Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scarab »

I must be sniffing way too much glue because I'm not getting it.

Point 1: Conquest Mode has 2 deployment bases from which players can spawn, 1 deployment base for each team.

Point 2: Conquest Assault Mode only provides 1 deployment base for the attacking team. There is no deployment base for the defending team, they simply spawn at a flag. The challenge is, if the defending team loses all of their flags, game is over. This is one of the key reasons I never played Wake in BF2.

Point 3: Unless I'm missing something in the configs, all of the new Karkand Maps are hard fixed for Conquest Assault Mode. The only difference I see in the configs is how many flags there are on the map, anywhere from 3 to 5 to 7.

The main reason for my question was to see if there is a true Conquest Mode available for the Karkand Maps. Doesn't appear to be any.

Hope that helps explain the original question and make it clearer.

Seems as if Ironman's answer is the most accurate so far. Assault Mode is standard for all the new Karkand Expansion maps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Just a quick update that DICE hasn't clarified on this for us yet. We're hoping to hear from them soon.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

LOL now Im more confused than ever :oops: :oops:
Please update us when you get a OFFICIAL answer.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Apparently on some B2K maps, there's no regular Conquest mode, only Conquest Assault. On some, setup 0 is Conquest and 1 is Conquest Assault. On some, setup 0 is Conquest Assault and setup 1 is Conquest. It's darn confusing, and clarification from DICE is needed on which map does what and whether this is going to change.
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

I know I read somewhere (official) the other day that B2K was suppose to run in "all game modes"... which too me meant normal CQ. Either way... I would love to see them recreate ALL the BF2 maps. Matter of fact, they should create them all into one massive pack and sell it... "Blast From The Past" Map Pack... I would buy it.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

I am confused now too. As TimSad posted, Wake, Sharqi and Karkand are set up as they were in BF2, only attacking team had un-cap spawn area, defenders spawn on flags. It would be interesting to see how Dice can configure these maps to provide spawn for defenders. On Karkand it can be done in the area beyond Factory flag. But on Sharqi and Wake, unless TV Station and Airfield are made un-caps, there is no place to create un-cap main base for defenders.
Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scarab »

Outstanding, keep us posted.