BF3 Server Patch R13

GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Server Patch R13

Post by GitSum »

I am picking up info that the r12 patch cause more problems and we are now at r13?

From another GSP
We're in the process of installing the R13 server patch your server may go offline in this time. Please do not restart your server in ClanForge as this can cause issues in the patching process.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: BF3 Server Patch R13

Post by GitSum »

DICE have released an R14 server update & asked all GSP's update the servers straight away.

This patch should fix players getting kicked with the error message 'Missing Content' when connecting to some servers.

This roll out will start @ 18:30 GMT / 19:30 CET.

We know this is the worse possible time to roll out an update & are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

R13 was not given to us. R14 was, and is being applied -- your Events log page has details.

We keep on top of these on our own, so no need to provide updates from another RSP :).
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:R13 was not given to us. R14 was, and is being applied -- your Events log page has details.

We keep on top of these on our own, so no need to provide updates from another RSP :).
I know, seriously :roll:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

GitSum wrote:Actually, I find "other" GSP's are more timely with their info. When I have a problem with our servers - I would like to think I can come to your forum and find out the latest info about our game servers - but that is not always the case... Anyways - just delete this whole thread then
We're especially good about communication here and I'm surprised that you'd have that opinion. In this particular case, there was no R13 released to us, and I worked on R14 right after it came out. The Events log posts that I made were detailed and timely. The update process commenced immediately after I finished testing the new release to make sure that it worked properly, and it was performed in a non-invasive manner.

You're welcome to use the forums for any relevant topics, and as you know, I personally respond here in the forums very rapidly. You can also open a support request for questions or post to Facebook, if you'd prefer. The information you receive from me will always be the most accurate I can provide, and based on information directly from the developer whenever possible.

We don't delete threads unless there is a very good reason for it. This thread seems fine to me.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

What I've found is that NFO does a good job of posting timely information in the Events Log on the control panel - but that same information does not show up in the forums. Not saying it should - just providing a recommendation on where to look for the best information.
bhzdclan
A regular
A regular

Post by bhzdclan »

Wow I get 2 emails and updates in the event log right away. I think they do great job!!!!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I do appreciate the feedback, GitSum, and I did not mean to sound so defensive earlier. I am always looking for more ways to improve the way we do things, and a healthy discussion about topics like this should always be welcome.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

No complaints about the communication here. I was able to have r15 applied this morning after I booted a afker. :)
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Are there any updated docs?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I don't believe that any changes were made to the protocol between R12 and R15. DICE hasn't linked us to any docs updates.
gi.joe
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gi.joe »

Thank you for being so on top of the server patches NFO! Having worked with more than five different hosting providers over the years, I can tell you that the level of communication and service here is second to none! :D
Asymmetrical warfare is part of the modern battlefield; deal with it.
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

I have only been with NFO for 5 days and can already say without a shadow of a doubt that the communication level here far exceeds what I have experienced over the years of using the "other" GSP ( you know... the only one ya can get BO from). And that includes forums posts here as well as the Events Viewer.

Over "there", I wouldn't have even known my MW3 server was having issues non stop, but with their custom software here... sending me emails and alerting me of non-stop issues of it being repaired, restarting etc... I was able to figure out it was an error in the map rotation,game mode,weight and fixed it.

Emails being sent to me the past view days and making me aware of patches being applied and server being restarted was a pleasant and welcome surprise. over "there" I would have only known by either looking on their Twitter, in their CP or on their Forums. There is however only one small detail missing from the emails... what server its coming from. The other day I automatically assumed it was from the BF3 server, but later once I had time to go root around in the CP I saw it was actually the MW3.

As of right now and hopefully well into the future... I am 110% happy I made the switch.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For notification emails, the server identifier should be in the subject line. If it's not showing up, I'll have to investigate that as a bug.