My Back to Karkand Server Dropping

badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: My Back to Karkand Server Dropping

Post by badbadrobot »

We've had 3 crashes already this morning on our wake island and 2 on our B2K rotation servers. Is there something we can do to stop them from happening so often?
Founder of GSN Gaming.
treadd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by treadd »

I dont mean to start a witch hunt on Gulf of Oman, but wanted to share my experience since my last post yesterday. After the second crash on Oman, I removed it from the rotation. The server has been 60+ players non-stop since last night about 10pm PST. I am going to re-add Oman to the rotation and see what happens.

It is totally possible that they got their maintenance issues sorted out, and was just coincidence. Will report back if the server makes it through a full rotation with Oman.

-Treadd
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

We are on R15 now, and our wake island server ran for about an hour before it crashed again. Sigh.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
treadd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by treadd »

After adding Oman back into the rotation, the server made it through a whole cycle- Wake, Karkand, Oman, and Sharqi with zero problems. (2 rounds each map, 200% tickets) Server never crashed once, and is still running at capacity.

Side note- people did mention that Oman was a little more 'stuttery'.

-Treadd
treadd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by treadd »

After the last successful rotation, server just crashed again on Gulf of Oman. Pulling it out until we get more info on if there is really a problem with it.

-Treadd
Dr.Tek
A regular
A regular

Post by Dr.Tek »

My servers were 100% fine with no crashes. Now they crash constantly with R15, I hate this!!! These server updates shouldn't be mandatory in the very beginning. They should be opt in until they have been tested to some greater extent.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

We crashed on Oman ConquestLarge0 XP1_002. We were full for a couple of hours. Going to pull that one out, see what happens.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Same here I have had at least three crashes since R15 running B2K maps on CQ Large
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If tons of people are having problems on R15, we may be able to ask DICE if we can revert to R14. They'll be checking out the data early Thursday morning (which is their normal business day) and providing guidance.
treadd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by treadd »

Ironman44 wrote:Same here I have had at least three crashes since R15 running B2K maps on CQ Large
Ironman, any idea exactly what map it was on when it crashed?
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Afraid not as I am awaiting a new MOBO. I have asked my admins to inform me of map specifics on the crashes. And as far as rolling back to R14 I had just as many Crashes with it.
Dr.Tek
A regular
A regular

Post by Dr.Tek »

Edge100x wrote:If tons of people are having problems on R15, we may be able to ask DICE if we can revert to R14. They'll be checking out the data early Thursday morning (which is their normal business day) and providing guidance.
The crashing is ridiculous with R15.

I have one server that is running R14 and it hasn't crashed since the Battlelog/B2K release debacle. My other two servers that are running on R15 crash constantly and especially as the in-game player amount increases.

It seems to be a common issue across the board:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... e-r15.html
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE's determination is that R15 is better than R14 and has mandated a rollout.

R12+ all seem to be more crash prone than R11 and below, so if you're seeing increased crashes, there's a good chance that they were introduced with B2K.

DICE continues to work on investigating the crashes, and we're providing them with all our crash logs and dumps, neatly collated and easily digested.