BF3 Admin Daemon issues after today's patches?

johnnydotexe
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Admin Daemon issues after today's patches?

Post by johnnydotexe »

I just noticed that the player limit adjuster has been acting a bit off since all these updates/problems today. It would sometimes lock my server in at a low slot amount and let the queue stack up, or it would adjust the slot amount higher but no more than 8 players could join the server.

After a series of turning that on and off, and restarting the server several times, it seems to be working fine for now. I understand that it's beta, just wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue and figured you guys might like to know that the patches may have messed with it in some way.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BF3 Admin Daemon issues after today's patches?

Post by Edge100x »

The behavior of the adjuster hasn't changed with the new version, but it's possible that the game itself behaves differently. If you see further problems and have any idea what might be triggering them, please let us know.
johnnydotexe
New to forums
New to forums

Post by johnnydotexe »

Edge100x wrote:The behavior of the adjuster hasn't changed with the new version, but it's possible that the game itself behaves differently. If you see further problems and have any idea what might be triggering them, please let us know.
So far the only issues I've noticed were the ones in my first post. Right now it seems to be working fine again. It could just be that I had to reboot the server, or maybe it was just lagging a bit when it came time to up the slot count.

Is it possible that it could be clashing with my Procon service layer? I don't ever "apply" the slot count on procon, figuring it would override whatever setting the player adjuster is currently at.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Procon slot count only reads what the server is set at.
If you change it on Procon, it is the same as doing it in the easy setup page in cp.

They are different tools, but apply the settings exactly the same way.

Not sure how John has this setup, but the adjuster should first set the server to the max players on new round, and then adjust down to the adjusted slots.

Not setting to max slots first causes infinite load screens, and sometimes the message the the server is full, even though it may only have something like 8/24 players.

This was a bug found 2-3 patches back.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Pain, yes, that was discussed previously here and I adjusted the tool to do it awhile ago. Since it needs the new slot count to be applied before the round changes, the main difficulty is in effectively predicting that.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Not set new slot count before round start, but set it to max slot count first to allow max players to join. 32, 48, 64, etc.

If you have say 8 people in the server and your adjuster sets max players to say 18, and it sets the max slots to 18 for the next round start, this causes the lock up.

It was suggested for a 32 slot server, that in the above case,
- 8 people in server near round end - adjusted to 8/18.
- for next round, set max slots to 32
- next round starts with max 32 slot available
- adjuster drops back down to 8/18 as before.

If this is what you have running, then ignore the above and we're all good.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, the tool here attempts to raise the slot count to the maximum before the new round is loaded. The main difficulty is in effectively predicting the start of the new round, in order to set the slot count at the time -- not too early, and not too late.