Serious Crashing Since r15

Pickerd
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Serious Crashing Since r15

Post by Pickerd »

My server has crash 3 times in the span of 3-4 hours tonite. Just a heads up.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Serious Crashing Since r15

Post by kraze »

Hi,

is your server running high ticket counts? Have you noticed anything particular about the crashes? When it is on this map, when 10 players join..etc.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Pickerd
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Pickerd »

Map it's on, not sure. I was at work when they happened and was informed by players that were in it at the time. Yes, we run higher tickets. 150%. It was full 64 players when it happened so im sure 10 ppl joining didnt cause them. Ive taken Gulf of Oman out of rotation in case that was it, but one member said they are pretty sure it was two different maps when it happened.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Try lowering the tickets to 100% if the server still crashes since those maps are removed.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We made an Events log post earlier today that talked about the crashes a bit:
A quick note about BF3 crashes
Dec 15 2011 12:00:22 PM PT
BF3 servers have always been relatively crash-happy, but since the B2K release, we have seen a significant uptick in crash behavior, to levels several times higher than they were in version R11. Busy servers that crash at least once a day are the norm right now. We have been analyzing the crash logs as much as we can to ensure that these crashes are not on our side (so far, they haven't seemed to be) and to look for commonalities that may allow for workarounds (so far, we haven't determined any). We have also been sending all of that crash information on to DICE, and we have an automated system in place that will continue to send every crash to them.

We sincerely hope that DICE is able to resolve the issues ASAP in a new server release, and we'll make sure to test and roll out any such new release promptly.
DICE staff work between something like 1am and 9am PST, so that's where we still are right now.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Thanks NFo for updating us.
Unfortunately bunch of monkeys work at Dice....I don't see this being fixed anytime soon because every time they release an update something ends up breaking or makes it even worse.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE tells us that they're continuing to investigate. I hope they'll have good news for us on Monday.
Zaxxon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Zaxxon »

We've found that the Oman map is the cause behind the majority of the crashes. We were crashing a couple of times a day or more. After dropping that map, we no longer crash.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE confirmed this morning that a large number of crashes have been due to the AA guns in Gulf of Oman and Wake Island. We're currently testing R16, which they believe will fix that one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 801593071/. There are still other bugs, but this should help with a bunch of the crashing.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Edge100x wrote:DICE confirmed this morning that a large number of crashes have been due to the AA guns in Gulf of Oman and Wake Island. We're currently testing R16, which they believe will fix that one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 801593071/. There are still other bugs, but this should help with a bunch of the crashing.
Do we know if the AA guns are present on Rush too? I know they're on conquest - I simply can't remember for rush.
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

dont think there's AA guns on rush...i haven't really had any problems since B2K came out and of course there's an update and my server is full...