Default Vehicle Respawn Time

Post by FourTwoFour »

Never mind, delete.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Default Vehicle Respawn Time

Post by FourTwoFour »

Actually, I set it to 100 (which is default according to the panel information) and it's still pretty fast.. about 30 sec on BTR.

I am confused.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

FourTwoFour! Wassup! You're the same one that posts quite regularly on the EAUK forums, right? Anyways... Welcome! :D

But, yeah! 100 is the default and translates to some pretty quick seconds for some of the vehicles on some maps...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

TimSad wrote:FourTwoFour! Wassup! You're the same one that posts quite regularly on the EAUK forums, right? Anyways... Welcome! :D

But, yeah! 100 is the default and translates to some pretty quick seconds for some of the vehicles on some maps...
Figured! and yes it's me :] thanks.

128% seems to be the best.. for some reason, setting it 130% or anything else makes it faster, while 128% keeps it at 45-52 sec.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

FourTwoFour wrote: 128% seems to be the best.. for some reason, setting it 130% or anything else makes it faster, while 128% keeps it at 45-52 sec.
Strange! I haven't messed around with the vehicle spawn settings much.
ImageImage
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

TimSad wrote:
FourTwoFour wrote: 128% seems to be the best.. for some reason, setting it 130% or anything else makes it faster, while 128% keeps it at 45-52 sec.
I will try some more settings :]

By the way, do you run Squad Enforcer and NO RPG / M320 Plugin on your Metro server? Cheers
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

FourTwoFour wrote:
TimSad wrote:
I will try some more settings :]

By the way, do you run Squad Enforcer and NO RPG / M320 Plugin on your Metro server? Cheers
No, sir! All pure gameplay except for vars.gameModeCounter being at 286 (1000 tickets) and Normal Preset. However, I do run the BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger plugin by XPKiller as well as a Last Kill Tracker plugin that I whipped up. :)
ImageImage
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Thank you for answering :] I think I am going to add the m320 plugin to our servers to have some gun fights.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

If you are going to run scripts that restrict weapons, make sure that you set your server to unranked. It is a violation of EA's RoC to restrict weapons in any way on a server that is ranked. It could cause you to lose your server, if they decide to enforce it.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... nduct.html
Ranked vs Unranked

One of the biggest choices which a server administrator has to make is, whether to run the server in Ranked or Unranked mode.

In Ranked mode, player progression is tracked on EAs master servers. Weapons are unlocked by playing the game. Player progression is also visible on Battlelog. The server administrators will have to abide by the Battlefield Rules of Conduct."

Ranked Server Administrators:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Preventing players from being Commander or Squad Leaders

Preventing players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters, or tanks

Running knife / pistol-only servers

Preventing players from using all commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans). If using the Infantry-only server-side option, this should be clearly stated in the game's loading screen

Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule"
By restricting the use of weapons like M320, RPG's and Mortars, you are violating the RoC for having a Battlefield server.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

The roc does not apply to BF3 it was written in 2007.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

Like he said, I don't think this applies to Battlefield 3 at all. There are thousands of servers running such plugins.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

EA/dice ignored this part of ROC since BF2 times. I played on enough sniper or pistol/knife servers in BF2 for years. Same for BC2. No restrictions or sanctions by EA/Dice.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Mayby you should have quoted the entire ROC

"Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

Limiting movement of combat assets, such as Titans, Ships, Aircraft and Vehicles during game play – Disallowing all aircraft for example is not acceptable.
Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. However, in such cases, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, command outpost, or radar) are acceptable.
Limiting the use of artillery or any other single commander asset to a particular region of the map."

Limited restriction are allowed as long as the players is made aware before playing
Last edited by Ironman44 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Ironman44 wrote:Mayby you should have quoted the entire ROC

"Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

Limiting movement of combat assets, such as Titans, Ships, Aircraft and Vehicles during game play – Disallowing all aircraft for example is not acceptable.
Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. However, in such cases, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, command outpost, or radar) are acceptable.
Limiting the use of artillery or any other single commander asset to a particular region of the map."

Limited restriction are allowed as long as the players is made aware before playing
The intent of the ROC is to prevent stat padding