R16

_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R16

Post by _p1_ »

We began testing R16 last night at around 12:08:53 PM PT . Server did better as it had crashed at least 4 times already by then, I even tried to crash it on purpose with known issues and it worked fine but then alas at around 11PM EST and again at 3AM EST it again crashed. Note this server is a high ticket server but our prior testing (and general consensus on the internehts) shows that no matter what settings you run it still crashes.

What's your experiences so far with R16 and or high tickets?

Thanks
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: R16

Post by badbadrobot »

Running very smooth for us now! We only have a crash on our regular maps 1,500 about 2 hours after the patch was installed, been running great ever since.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

i like r16 so far.
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

I don't like it.... everyone got booted just 30 seconds ago. Had tops maybe 10 people or so on a 32, with normal tickets in Oman and:

Game disconnected:game session on server was removed.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

We are having more crashing happening on our normal map server then we are with B2K. I think there is another weird crash (Like the AA/TV missile bug) that is taking them down. Another ghost hunt!
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

ours is fine

MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

Worst then before, now my servers just boot everyone without crashing. I just had two full servers dump all players at exactly the same time 22:46 PST.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The overall effect of R16 has been far fewer crashes, statistically.

badbadrobot, the most common crash now relates to high ticket counts on large servers, if that might apply to you. There are also some other crash bugs, two of which have known causes: Listing out a too-large banlist and putting XP1_004 in the mapcycle as ConquestSmall1.

MyOdessa, In your case, it sounds like a Blaze disconnection was likely to blame.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Edge100x wrote: two of which have known causes: Listing out a too-large banlist
What exactly does that mean ?
Retrieving the banlist via Procon ?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

No - if your banlist.txt gets too large, it causes server crash.
Best to put your bans in the pbbans.dat file.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:No - if your banlist.txt gets too large, it causes server crash.
Best to put your bans in the pbbans.dat file.
Exactly - use PB banning to avoid this known error. You can setup procon to use PB banning through the in game ban command.

An update on R16. We ran over thirty hours straight and then experienced a mass dump this morning (I was actually on the server when it happened). It disconnected everyone and then replayed the map we were just on but the server did not experience a full crash.

This is overall very good news as previously we were crashing every 3 - 6 hours.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Blaze problems caused a couple of significant dips in player usage this morning. They usually do maintenance on Tuesdays, so it is possible that it was planned.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

I had another player dump across my servers, two servers that had players in them, disconnected at the same time, with message "PlayerLeave" and then disappeared from Battlelog. Procon shows no loss of connection to the server or server restart. I have not had this type of crash before, but I have them 2-3 times a day now.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

There were multiple reports of this shortly after 3pm Pacific time. The reports came from multiple locations, but not all servers at a given location were affected. My guess is that there was some sort of internal Blaze issue at the time.
TimeX
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Im about the toss this game in the trash bin, getting tired of the nightly Blaze dump of my player base or whatever is causing it 'this time'. Ever since R12 my player pop has dropped dramatically and when I get it back up EA/DICE/BLAZE kills them off, really does seem like this is a console first platform. You've seen their 'server browser' system?

/qq off

rex
---