R16

HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R16

Post by HarryNutz »

Looking at my usage charts it looks like ours is dumping players as well on a daily basis. We get full and stay full and then BOOM... sharp drops in players with nobody else connecting and then the server is dead. Sick of it myself when I could keep my Black Ops servers full for 4+ days straight.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

MyOdessa wrote:I had another player dump across my servers, two servers that had players in them, disconnected at the same time, with message "PlayerLeave" and then disappeared from Battlelog. Procon shows no loss of connection to the server or server restart. I have not had this type of crash before, but I have them 2-3 times a day now.
This is our exact experience. Instead of a hard server crash we're seeing dumps periodically through the day.
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

This is the behavior we are seeing as well. I just put all vanilla maps back on rotation on our high ticket server. I believe that high ticket servers with 64 players would be more susceptible to a memory leak but we get Blaze disconnects instead of server crashes. My server has only once actually crashed since BF3 was released; every single crash I mention has been a Blaze issue or something in the game triggering a dump of players. Almost every single time we go back in to re-seed the server after a dump, it is on the same map, same ticket count etc.

We are only running one Karkand IO server at this point (just switched to normal ticket count today on it) to see if this helps any.

Thanks for the feedback all.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

_p1_ wrote:Almost every single time we go back in to re-seed the server after a dump, it is on the same map, same ticket count etc.
Same here - exactly what we're seeing. BUT we are running low ticket count to avoid the memory leak issue.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Just had the server empty out twice in 10 minutes. Map stays, tickets stay, but it kicks everyone. One of my members said he heard a missile from a little bird right before they went thru the bottom of the map and the server crashed. :/
Founder of GSN Gaming.
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

Before R16, I had no issues getting players onto the server when I would match the quickmatch settings (conquestsmall, auto-adjust player count, etc...), but now even with those settings on i get zero players connecting. Its almost as if the server dropped out of battle log unless you directly search for it.

I ask connecting players how they found the server, and most of them say via quickmatch, but if that's the case - I find it strange that the server will run for 2 hours and never see more than 6 players.

I've not come across the Blaze player dumps that everyone is talking about - but that may be because I can't get anyone to connect since R16.

I'm beginning to get super annoyed with this game.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

badbadrobot wrote:Just had the server empty out twice in 10 minutes. Map stays, tickets stay, but it kicks everyone. One of my members said he heard a missile from a little bird right before they went thru the bottom of the map and the server crashed. :/
Talked to NFO support and they said our crashes were because of Blaze. Can't believe they only have those servers in the UK.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Agreed. You think they could provide a local link.
Setup like a network with linking to sync stats.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I guess that I'm lucky to not be one of the ones getting all of these player dumps. I'm sorry you guys are having these problems. :(
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Our crashes have been reduced by about 75%
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

chemist wrote:Before R16, I had no issues getting players onto the server when I would match the quickmatch settings (conquestsmall, auto-adjust player count, etc...), but now even with those settings on i get zero players connecting. Its almost as if the server dropped out of battle log unless you directly search for it.

I ask connecting players how they found the server, and most of them say via quickmatch, but if that's the case - I find it strange that the server will run for 2 hours and never see more than 6 players.

I've not come across the Blaze player dumps that everyone is talking about - but that may be because I can't get anyone to connect since R16.

I'm beginning to get super annoyed with this game.
I was able to get around this early on when BF3 was released by:
1. Not using auto adjust
2. Changing server name

--- after B2K release
1. Use #1 from above
2. Only use B2K or BF3 vanilla maps and not mixing

Again last night near 3AM EST we had a massive player dumping on our vanilla maps server. :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There was Plasma (BC2 back-end) emergency maintenance at midnight last night. I didn't hear that it would affect Blaze (BF3 back-end) beforehand, but it seems to have.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Just saw this in Battlelog:
Battlefield 3 online will be unavailable for all platforms Friday from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM GMT. This fix certain server stability issues. Battlelog will be available during this time.
I'm guessing this is a stability fix for THEIR servers (not ours). Haven't seen an email from you guys about a patch yet.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

They're telling us that this maintenance is to correct a problem with Blaze (with their back-end) that has caused client and server disconnections, which mirrors the problems we've been seeing. They say that it should lead to a disconnection lasting approximately 15 minutes.
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

my server = crash all the time