Need to find a better solution for screenshots

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need to find a better solution for screenshots

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We just websynced our screenshots to check for a hacker, and it lagged the server out for 2-3 mins. And it was extreme to the point where we were running on the spot and unable to move.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Need to find a better solution for screenshots

Also it doesn't update the index.
We have screenshots listed that are days old with no more screenshots.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

A websync shouldn't lag out the server, as least no from what I have seen. Try running it again and see if it happens again. Also try deleting the index file and resyncing. It should update.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

It won't lag if I do it again since the first was short of 1200 screenshots and doing it again is on 4 screenshots or whatever is new since the last.

I am aware of deleting the index file.
I have to do it all the time because it's always out of date.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Well I can see how almost 1200 screen shots could cause some lag, that is surely a lot of screen shots.

Have you considered finding an alternative to screen shots? Such as only screen users you suspect of cheating..etc?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Would rather get 4-5 screenshots of players than 1 every 60 secs or more.
Hackers beat the hell out of a server before we can get a couple to actually check.

Access to the actual screenshot folder would mean no lag, but you guys don't allow that.
So were stuck with this shitty solution to getting screenshots that can be 1200 at a time, and anywhere from 0-24 hrs old.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You do have access to the screenshot folder directly through the FTP. Don't like our system? You can roll your own using that, if you wish.

The index file is written and managed by PB, not us. PB writes to the end of the file when it generates new screenshots, which may be confusing you, because when it starts reusing numbers, it will have start having multiple entries for each one. Only the final entry for each number is valid.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Ok

I was under the assumption that when it started writing over old screenshots, it was also doing the same with the index file.

Now I can see why we get people listed with 0 screenshots.

It would probably reduce the lag if screenshots were automatically websynced more often. When I have to force it later in the evening to check someone, I have to transfer all the screenshots from 5AM to present time. Thankfully I don't run a 64 slot server with a higher max screenshot list. I would be dumping 2000-5000 if I wanted a good representation of player screenshots to reference.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I found my index problem.

I kept deleting the index file and nothing was changing.
I was deleting it from the game server itself with the assumption that a websync would overwrite it on the web side files. Apparently not.

I had to delete the index file from the web side files because it was containing indexing from over a month ago.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The index file, and any other files in that folder, will be copied over by the websync operation whenever the file size differs or the file does not exist on the webhosting.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

I need to make the PBSS available to a broader group. Ideally I would like to copy any PBSS from the game server to our website and then use an image viewer there. Any recommendations on how to do this?

Use PB commands to push images or some kind of FTP commands to pull images? Or maybe a tool is available?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

woowoo wrote:I need to make the PBSS available to a broader group. Ideally I would like to copy any PBSS from the game server to our website and then use an image viewer there. Any recommendations on how to do this?

Use PB commands to push images or some kind of FTP commands to pull images? Or maybe a tool is available?

Just run a websync and our system will copy all PBSS from your game servers to a folder in your websites FTP.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

kraze wrote:
woowoo wrote:I need to make the PBSS available to a broader group. Ideally I would like to copy any PBSS from the game server to our website and then use an image viewer there. Any recommendations on how to do this?

Just run a websync and our system will copy all PBSS from your game servers to a folder in your websites FTP.
I have a different host for our website so the websync looks like it only syncs to our nfo website? I'm more looking how to send to our host. The websync is a clever tool though. I may think about how we might use that.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes it only works from our servers to our webhost but you could use our websync along with a third party tool/script to get it from our webhosting to yours.

It would add some delay to the process assuming you left it to all automation but it would be a good idea.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
bhzdclan
A regular
A regular

Post by bhzdclan »

We use the Main Stream Gamers' PunkBuster Screenshot Viewer. Then you can share the link with your clan and they can help review them.
http://www.msgamers.com/pbssv/

It is much easier to view them on our NFO webspace and then let the auto websync work. If we need them sooner I just force a websync but we never see lag.
We've taken 55,000 SS's so transferring with FTP takes too much time.
You have to go back 215 bans to see a ban for a screenshot, I don't think they are as effective anymore.

We have very active admins plus we just block the countries that offend the most, ex. Russian federation.