Startup.txt & Easy Setup

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Startup.txt & Easy Setup

Post by TimSad »

It seems as if a change was made to where the Startup.txt no longer overwrites whatever is set in the Easy Setup tab. Now, it just says that it is removing those specific lines from the Startup.txt since it is included in the Easy Setup.

I'm finding this kind of inconvenient. I'd much rather have the Startup.txt overwrite whatever is in the Easy Setup. Is it a possibility to have this changed back to that state?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Startup.txt & Easy Setup

Post by TimSad »

Yeah, this is what is says...
Please note that if your file contained any of these commands that we specify separately, they were removed:

admin.password
vars.serverName
vars.bannerURL
vars.serverDescription
vars.ranked
vars.punkBuster
I personally find it to be easier to just have everything in this one txt file. It makes managing things like the server names easier. Just copy-paste from one server's Startup.txt to the other and simply adjust everything from there.

Also, I adjusted vars.vehicleSpawnDelay recently in the Startup.txt but rather than reading it in from that after a restart, it seems to have read it from the Easy Setup so I was confused for a while why my server had started up at vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 50 rather than vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We need the values to only be in one place for the "Easy setup" page to work correctly. Right now it stores those particular variables in a different file (ServerOptions.cfg), so you'd need to adjust any in that short list through the "Easy setup" page.

"Easy setup" only gets vars.vehicleSpawnDelay from Startup.txt. It reads the value when the page is loaded and saves it when the page is submitted.
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

One thing I noticed was that unlockmode always get's reset to none in startup.txt when making changes in Easy Setup. This bit me bigtime during a match the other night. Of course I may be obtuse and overlooking something.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

_p1_, if you have ranked mode enabled on the "Easy setup" page, it will remove vars.unlockMode from Startup.txt. Otherwise, it will set it to "all" when you have "Allow all unlocks?" checked, and "none" when you have "Allow all unlocks?" unchecked.