New Customer Question

FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New Customer Question

Post by FSUNOLE »

Currently, I rent from another GSP. However, I have been searching the web to find ways to get it populated. I came across a post that your servers are known to get populated. I would be interested in purchasing a server if this is the case.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: New Customer Question

Post by Edge100x »

Our servers may be more likely to become populated due to their high performance/stability/quality, but we don't really have a secret sauce other than that :).

We also have some tips that have helped some clients to increase their popularity here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5931. We'd welcome any suggestions for more that can be added to that article.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

A lot of our servers become populated a lot of times because servers place "NFo" or similar in their server name. People recognize that, based on our reputation and choose to play on servers that we host.
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

Ive been through multiple providers, coming up on 1 yr with NFO soon. I have heard "thanks for a lag free server" more here than at any other provider we have used in the past.

I ventured out and tried other servers recently, coming back to our servers the gameplay was much smoother.

just my 2 pence.

John wheres that kickback ;) just kidding NFO did not pay me to say that!
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

We pay a bit more for our bf3 server than others, but you get what you pay for.

John is top notch, and so is his team. Our bf3 server got up to the top 300 out of appx 13,000. 64 man and the cpu usage is at 9% when full. I would highly recommend NFO.

FYI - I burned through branzone, gameservers, leetservers, AOW Central the past 7 years.
FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by FSUNOLE »

I decided to go ahead & get a server last night. It told me I qualify for 2 trail days. Hopefully, we will have more success getting it populated than with our other provider.
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

FSUNOLE: How many slots did you end up going with for your BF3 server?
FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by FSUNOLE »

I got 32 slots. If I can get it populated and it stays that way, I would end up getting another server maybe 64 slots.
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

Assuming that you follow the guide listed at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5931 , and have a few players to seed the server - you should have no problems filling it.

I would also look into configuring your server to message everyone on a timed interval to say something to the extent of "Support our community - Add our server to your favorites!". This can all be done through your NFOCP.

It may take some time and constant monitoring at first, but persistence will pay off and you will soon have a popular server.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

NFO has been the best provider for me. I've gone through 5 different providers and am never going to another one again. :) This is the best server performance and customer support that I have ever seen! My server are doing quite well, too! It just takes a dedicated group of no more than 5 to get your servers populated. It may take quite a bit of time and effort at first but as time goes on it'll become easier.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage