Websync Question

Foley316
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Websync Question

Post by Foley316 »

I apologize if this question has been answered already. I have recently set the websync tool to sync my SS folder every morning. I also have my screenshot ceiling set at 1000. My question is, if the game server syncs to the web server, will it overwrite a screenshot that has the same number? Essentially I was hoping to use this feature as an archive so that when the ceiling is reached on the server that a copy still existed on the web server. If it overwrites the file, is there a way to automate a backup of the ss file to the web server that doesn't overwrite? Such as, each ss folder gets its own date or something along those lines? Thanks in advance.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Websync Question

Post by TimeX »

The system checks if there is a size difference on files with the same name, overwriting if there is a difference and not copying if there is not a difference. A backup solution sounds like i was be a good idea here, but I am not sure how you would go about that.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Websites here aren't meant for archiving purposes, as they don't have the hard drive capacity for it. It would be best for you to download your screen shots if you plan to keep them for the long haul.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

This is probably a big pain to do but you could just on a daily basis create a new folder with the date and move all screen shots for that date in that folder. Like I said, big pain but if you want to keep old screen shots.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Foley316
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Foley316 »

Edge100x wrote:Websites here aren't meant for archiving purposes, as they don't have the hard drive capacity for it. It would be best for you to download your screen shots if you plan to keep them for the long haul.
What is the space limit for the website?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

There's no set limit, but if it starts becoming an issue, we'll let you know.