BF3 Crystal Config

[Love]DemonMaker
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 Crystal Config

Post by [Love]DemonMaker »

First, thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Hello, I am DemonMaker of the Love Shack Clan in BF3. I have to come to you in search of a fine BF3 Server. First off let me state that money is not a huge object, However I would not like to see the configuration go over 125$ a month if possible. Now this immediately cuts out any dedicated server option available through your site. That is fine, as in my opinion just running BF3 on a pure dedicated server is a waste of resources..

What i am looking for..

*1 Battlefield 3 Ranked Server
*28 Minimum Player slots (Might up to 34 later)
*Possible Future TeamSpeak Server
*Lowest possible Latency to the Seattle Area and butter smooth operation

Currently i reside in Japan, but i will be returning to Seattle Washington after 6 months. Most of my fellow clan mates are from the Seattle Area or North California. So west coast latency is of utmost importance. I also want to make sure there is PLENTY of overhead, so i will not experience any server side turbulence.

I am currently Investigating the two options below. If you have any alternative suggestions or advice by all means please share, I'm all ears.

Option 1:
Regular Game Server Option
Battlefield 3 Ranked - 28 Players
Seattle (Premium)
Higher CPU Priority Option
Cost: $56.18

Option 2:
VPS Game Server Option
Three Core / 3GB Ram Option
Seattle InterNAP
Managed game-server-only VDS
Battlefield 3 Ranked - 32 Players
SSD Option, Only BF3 Installed.
Cost: ~ $90

One point to clarify.. The SSD option if possible, is relevant. I don't know how big the BF3 dedicated server files, Windows installation, ect.. are so I don't know if they will fit in only 10GB. If there is a SSD option for Option 1 above, I would also go for that.

Also I am not the biggest tech junky out there, but I value quality. I would rather pay the extra 30$ for an extra 5% life time performance, then settle.

Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

DemonMaker.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BF3 Crystal Config

Post by Edge100x »

Either solution will perform well for you at <= 32 players, but I'd recommend the standalone game server for having the highest possible performance overall and because it is the less expensive configuration of the two.

The SSD would not be used by our managed system, so the page shouldn't let you order it with a managed VDS.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

You have come to the right place if you are looking for quality. NFO is by far the best server provider I have ever used. I have been through 4 different providers before I landed here. We currently have 1-64 man CQ server and 1-32 man rush server. We will be adding another server and moving our Teamspeak to NFO this month. These are stand alone servers and run better than servers I have had on Dedi boxes with other providers. Support is second to none.
On a personal note, I see you say you are in Japan. If you don't mind me asking, are you in the Marine Corps and if So Semper Fi as I have a son currently stationed in N Carolina.
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

Edge100x (John) can more then adequately answer all your questions. NFO has very good reputation for providing good servers and once EA/Dice provides enough patches to stop BF3 from crashing, you might even enjoy the game. ;D