PunkBuster Screen Shots Don't Match Up to Player Names

xander
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

PunkBuster Screen Shots Don't Match Up to Player Names

Post by xander »

When going to the FTP for our server and going to the /svss/pbsvss.htm page that lists all the players and the links to their screen shots. The image URL's do not match up to the players names next to them. Is this a known issue? Do I not have something setup properly?

For example when I look at this:
And then click bjohnston29 it takes me here to another users Screen shot

I would just like an easy way to look through the PB Screen shots for specific users.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: PunkBuster Screen Shots Don't Match Up to Player Names

Post by Edge100x »

When it writes a screenshot to disk, PB also writes its information to the pbsvss.htm file, but does not replace old information that is there; it simply puts the new line at the end. Coupled with the fact that Punkbuster overwrites old screenshot files according to the settings in your pbsv.cfg file, this can be confusing, because you may find multiple lines for the same screenshot file in your pbsvss.htm. Only the latter line is valid.
xander
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xander »

So what is the best thing to do here? Increase how many Screens are taken? I see now its maxed at 100, what if I increased that to 10,000? Then it wouldn't overwrite after it hits the 100 mark. Or is there a better way to have the file stay clean so the pbsvss.htm stays updated and doesn't link to incorrect images?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Usually it is best to simply scroll down. You could consider deleting the file every so often, as well. If you'd prefer to have more screenshots kept, then you can extend the number before it cycles back through them.

If you have auto screenshots turned on, you should also turn them off, and only take screenshots of those players who are suspect. This is because when a screenshot is taken, it can cause an interruption in gameplay for both the player and the server.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

If you are running auto SS 100 is not near enough. i would try 1000
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Agreed.

Auto SS with only 100 and if they are taken frequently on a busy server, your SS wouldn't take long to be overwritten.

1000 is better.

We opted out of the auto SS, and are now using a Procon plugin that only takes SS of people with a running KDR > 4. These are the people you would more likely have a suspicion of.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
xander
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xander »

Ok I will increase my limit to 1000 and also set the min time to 240 instead of 60 seconds. We have several months of rConNET paid for as it was cheaper than what procon layer hosts were charging. Unfortunately rconnet doesn't have that plugin yet.

Thanks for your help.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Don't have FTP access to add it yourself?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/