TimSad's Blaze & Player Dumps thread

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Blaze & Player Dumps!

Post by TimSad »

I'm running "True Balancer BF3" version 0.4.0.7, a version of the plugin that PapaCharlie put out there since the original plugin author stopped updating it as necessary. Is there something to do with how often the plugin sends out queries to Battlelog for stats and it somehow affecting game server connectivity stability? Procon plugins generally shouldn't be able to directly impact the game server unless it spams commands since it only interfaces with the game server's RCon.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

TimSad wrote:I'm running "True Balancer BF3" version 0.4.0.7, a version of the plugin that PapaCharlie put out there since the original plugin author stopped updating it as necessary. Is there something to do with how often the plugin sends out queries to Battlelog for stats and it somehow affecting game server connectivity stability? Procon plugins generally shouldn't be able to directly impact the game server unless it spams commands since it only interfaces with the game server's RCon.
Oddly enough, that plugin was specifically referred and is said to cause player drops. It is definitely worth disabling it to see if it helps.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, I don't know enough about the plugin to say why it might cause problems. Just passing on a report from another RSP :). I recommend turning it off on one or more of your servers as an experiment.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Just took this screen shot of his servers. If you look to the right of all the graphs, the dumps/drops are synced at about the same time. No way a plugin could do that across all the servers at the exact same time. Looks like you got Blazed. :)
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

@TacTicToe Yep! And today the same exact thing just happened again to all of our servers a few hours ago while I was at work. :x
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have also seen an increased incidence of individual servers dropping all players over the last few days, without DDoS attacks being involved and without global, machine-wide, or location-wide drops. We are following up with EA/DICE to ask what they are seeing on their end, and whether they are aware of any new BF3 exploit.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:We have also seen an increased incidence of individual servers dropping all players over the last few days, without DDoS attacks being involved and without global, machine-wide, or location-wide drops. We are following up with EA/DICE to ask what they are seeing on their end, and whether they are aware of any new BF3 exploit.
Hmmm... Yeah, I went to class after my last post, came back to find that I was booted from seeding and all my servers empty again. Not cool!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Just great! All my servers Blazed sooo often yesterday that now no one wants to join them today. I'm lucky that even a few of them got filled. I'm having difficulty getting the others going...
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

They all dropped dead all simultaneously yet again. Luckily most of them have redeemed themselves rather well. It helps having worked my ass off to make my servers popular.
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Nevermind! Looks like that last one was a global BF3 services drop.
ImageImage
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

I don't see how you manage to run that many servers... think with BF3 that would drive one to insanity... 8)
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

jaythegreat1 wrote:I don't see how you manage to run that many servers... think with BF3 that would drive one to insanity... 8)
With all these drops, it nearly does drive me to insanity. That's why by the end of the month I'm dropping at least two of my servers.
ImageImage
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

One of the techs suggested a GUID reset, I really.... REALLY don't want to go with this option. But does anyone have experience with this helping?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Theoretically a GUID reset might result in the server being tied to a different Blaze node, and that could help if your crashing problem is due to a specific node. But, I would personally not do it if the server is popular, since it will remove the server from everyone's favorites.

EA/DICE has been silent so far on the recent player drops that we and other RSPs are bringing to their attention, but it is very possible that they relate to attacks on the ISP hosting Blaze or to a new game exploit. Unfortunately, neither of these would have workarounds available.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Problem wouldn't be as bad if it would let every re-connect when it drops, but now I have to make sure someone is available to reboot the server it dumps everyone...