TimSad's Blaze & Player Dumps thread

TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Blaze & Player Dumps!

Post by TacTicToe »

Well considering that EA has been labeled worst company of the year, second year in a row...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417600,00.asp

And now they are "laying off" large numbers of employees and closing down alot of their branch offices, including alot of customer support related positions...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/11/ea-layoffs/

I personally would not hold my breath on hearing anything back anytime soon, or expecting to see any real improvements to services currently provided.

Just saying...
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

TacTicToe wrote:Well considering that EA has been labeled worst company of the year, second year in a row...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417600,00.asp

And now they are "laying off" large numbers of employees and closing down alot of their branch offices, including alot of customer support related positions...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/11/ea-layoffs/

I personally would not hold my breath on hearing anything back anytime soon, or expecting to see any real improvements to services currently provided.

Just saying...
I really hope that degraded game services wont be going hand-in-hand with these layoffs. As if the whole Blaze > BF3 system wasn't bad enough. Hopefully it'll even mean that they'll have more money to put toward more important things such as better services. A good start would be with Blaze as well as the allegedly needed servers to allow us Battlelog Battlefield players to have more than 100 friends.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I wouldn't expect these layoffs to affect Blaze is anyway. Seriously, though who fires an IT guy(At least a good one)? With the way the world is going it purely doesn't make sense.

EA probably isn't short on cash, so it is unlikely these layoffs would affect their overall spending on certain services.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

It's was posted in many websites at the time of the release of BF3 that EA was hurting for cash. That's why many blame the poor results of BF3 on the lack of proper financing of the project.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

There we go again. I just about had all my servers full and BOOM! They all go dead again! :x NOT COOL!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

BC2 and BF3 had overall problems around 2pm PDT today. I don't have more information on what happened, but it could have been a Blaze+Plasma or PB issue. About 15-20% of clients were dropped, across all locations.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Didn't they use to do maintenance on blaze every tuesday?
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Blaze and Plasma normally have maintenance in the early morning hours on Tuesday (PDT). This was not an announced maintenance event.

In related news, BC2 will be having a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (4/16) between 5am UTC and 11:59am UTC, which corresponds to 10pm PDT on 4/15 through 4:59am PDT on 4/16. For part or all of this time, BFBC2 servers and clients will be offline.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Something terrible going on today. Servers are dropping many many multiple times and I can't even seed. Lame... Time to give up on Battlefield 3? Lost cause in having servers?
ImageImage
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Timsad = masochist
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EA told us today that they found and believe they resolved a problem within Blaze that caused some of these recent drops.

Some other drops have been due to problems with NSPs and the ISP hosting Blaze (DDoS attacks, for instance), and these may continue. We also still believe that there is an in-game exploit of some sort which causes players to time out.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Thanks for the info, Edge!
ImageImage
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Edge100x wrote:EA told us today that they found and believe they resolved a problem within Blaze that caused some of these recent drops.

Some other drops have been due to problems with NSPs and the ISP hosting Blaze (DDoS attacks, for instance), and these may continue. We also still believe that there is an in-game exploit of some sort which causes players to time out.
Will it require a server patch? Cause our just did it again... had been doing good since the PB update you all did.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

jaythegreat1 wrote:
Edge100x wrote:EA told us today that they found and believe they resolved a problem within Blaze that caused some of these recent drops.

Will it require a server patch? Cause our just did it again... had been doing good since the PB update you all did.
The change was specifically on their end for Blaze. I imagine we won't see any more patches with BF4 being around the corner :/

I truly hope we do, though.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Hmm I wonder if a class action lawsuit from GSP's and server operators would light a fire under their butts?