First Time Server Renter - Need Help!

gumby75
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

First Time Server Renter - Need Help!

Post by gumby75 »

Ok, so I just rented the 16 slot BF3 server, Atlanta. In the admin controls, I changed the pingsite to Eastern US (since Im in NC and server is in ATL). I then set the map to be the following: MP_017 TeamDeathMatch0 2 (this should be for Canals, TDM, 2 rounds right)?

I want to run a 24-7 TDM Canal 16 player server, that would be the correct entry right? Anyhow, I restarted the server several times and it is not showing up on my server list in battlelog. Any help is appreciated. Im such a newb :mrgreen:
gumby75
New to forums
New to forums

Re: First Time Server Renter - Need Help!

Post by gumby75 »

Ok, this is becoming very frustrating since it says my server is up and running. But I cant find it or access it to get in there and start playing (should it show for anyone else). Anyone know if I did anything wrong or not?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Do you have any filtered applied in your battlelog list? Have you tried doing a manual search for it?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
gumby75
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gumby75 »

kraze wrote:Do you have any filtered applied in your battlelog list? Have you tried doing a manual search for it?
I filtered my battlelog list to Region - USA, TDM, Canals map, ranked, punk buster, 16 players, then normal/hardcore/infantry. Which matches up with the server settings.

How do I do a manual search? I would really like to get the server populated and most of the 24-7 TDM canals are filled up for the 16 player servers.

Edit: Ok when I unchecked everything, it showed up, my concern is why with the correct filters set, would it not show up? My fear now is that it wont show up for anyone and I'll be out 24 bucks a month.
gumby75
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gumby75 »

Ok, I found the problem as far as what filter I selected thats not working in battlelog. It's the preset filter (normal, hardcore, infantry only). If I check any of those boxes, it wont show up. How do I make it a normal or hardcore server so I will get more hits and players?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
gumby75
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gumby75 »

Thanks man! I'm slowly starting to figure this out lol. I panic at times. I do have a general question about settings. Is there a way in a ranked server, to allow players to switch teams at will, regardless of the length of time between the last switch? And, is there a way to allow players to switch teams in the middle of the game, without having to be killed/suicide?
FiveForFrost
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FiveForFrost »

gumby,

If you need support its generally faster to submit a support ticket via your control panel. I usually get instant responses that way. :D
Youtube Entertainer - http://www.fiveforfrost.com
gumby75
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gumby75 »

FiveForFrost wrote:gumby,

If you need support its generally faster to submit a support ticket via your control panel. I usually get instant responses that way. :D

Thanks for the advice bro. I did that and got a response in like 2 mins or less. E'ffing outstanding customer service, especially on a Sunday at 4-5pm.