Lag! :(

TimeX
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Lag! :(

Post by TimeX »

With any game, a restart often doesn't work on crashed/frozen servers because the server is actually already running, just in a frozen state. Doing a stop first to shut the running process down, then a start, will work.

The reason a restart worked on the second try may have been because our systems ran the automated remote restart by then.
TimeX
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Well it finally restarted on the second attempt, but it came up saying it was ranked, but it wasn't. All players had iron sights, no secondarys.

Had to restart again and it all came back.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The restart function is the same as a stop/start, TimeX. Using "Start" alone is the mistake that I've seen most often made with a frozen server -- it doesn't work because the server is running, and just unresponsive.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That is what I was thinking of, sorry. Not sure why I was thinking restart.
TimeX
FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by FSUNOLE »

We were having some major lag since 8 pm est. Just an FYI. I did restart the server a couple of times but it didn't help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Were you able to run a tracert to the server while it was occurring? Friday night is a busy time for ISPs and I saw a couple of other customers with severe routing problems tonight, leading to high latencies for those players.
FSUNOLE
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by FSUNOLE »

No sir. We had about 6-8 players. I do not know how to run the tracer. Any documentation on how to do that?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, please follow the steps here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=1539

If you were seeing packet loss (which could be the case if you were skipping in-game), an MTR may be even more useful: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=4272

It is also possible that your server was under some sort of attack. This is something that we can check into for you when you open the support request.