Server Queue

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Queue

Post by TimSad »

Anyone else's server queue stop working? On my full TDM server it is still working fine but for my Operation Metro server it is giving everyone the message "Could not join this server: it's full." This is quite strange. I don't think NFO (the GSP) has any control over this. I'm pretty sure it is DICE/EA that has control over it with their backend, right?

Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server Queue

Post by Edge100x »

The queue has been done within Battlelog and you are correct that we can't control it. EA/DICE seems to be messing around with how it works again in the last few days.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Good to know! Thanks, John!
ImageImage
Pickerd
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Pickerd »

I realize that NFO has nothing to so with this, but anyway you can poke them to find out what is going on? Is this some sort of punishment for use of adaptive server side plugins or anything like that? Im seeing some servers do have queues, but ours does not. Worked really hard to have a top 50 server and would hate to have all that work threatened. Hope it's just a glitch.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have queried them about this and will post any official word that I get back from them here.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE doesn't have any information on why the queue might not be working, so the Battlelog web division may just be mucking around with things on their end.

They did say that the web queue only goes (or went) up to 10 players. If you try to join after the first 10 waiting in the queue, it will tell you the server is full.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

This is what's posted as what someone "heard" - which means its just a rumor at this point - but maybe an avenue to explore.
The join queue function you are referencing is currently in testing. Ultimately, they hope to implement a VIP function that will work very much in the same way a reserved slot option would work.

That said, we do not have any control over this as this is handled solely through the back end--at least for the time being. Once the function is tested thoroughly and rolled out globally the option will become available to you.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That sounds similar to statements I have made.

DICE has experimented with a join queue in the game server itself previously and hasn't gotten it to work yet (prior releases of the server have turned it on, then back off after clients reported widespread problems). It is reasonable to bet that DICE is continuing to test it, though DICE has not made public statements about this or any guarantees that the server-side queue will be made to work or that VIP slots will be made to work.

Battlelog -- the web component to BF3 -- has its own join queue, independent of the option for the game server. When the queue is off on the game server side (as DICE requires it to be), the Battlelog queue is activated, allowing up to 10 clients to queue through the web. Per DICE, this means that any problems that you guys are seeing right now are issues with Battlelog, which a separate EA web team handles.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

What ever happened to having reserved slots. Maybe we won't get reserved slots until they get the que working? We supported our BC2 servers off of VIP slots, and were expecting to do so with BF3 as well.

DICE suprise buttsex'd us with no reserved slots.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I think one of our admins restarted the server and the queue just started working again.
ImageImage