High pingers and lag?

Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

High pingers and lag?

Post by Sorry »

I had a general question about BF3. I have been seeing some players complain about other players with high ping "lagging" the server. I know in the older EA games this was a problem. I was wondering if BF3 would be affected by this because of the client side hit detection? I really havn't noticed too much lag on our server, but do notice lag on almost any full 64 slot servers I play on.

Anybody running the "country kicker" plugin from procon? Notice any difference before and after?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: High pingers and lag?

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We have noticed that if your shooting someone with a high ping, your more than likely not going to hit them.

If they are shooting you with a high ping, it's instant death. The higher the ping, the more likely you won't even hear the shot.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

i invite you to join our 64 man server.... runs very smooth. I'm sure some will complain about lag, but as far as ours its more than likely on the client side. Check it out for yourself.

Thanks John and Team !

Search the following
The Meatlocker
pinch my nipples

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:We have noticed that if your shooting someone with a high ping, your more than likely not going to hit them.

If they are shooting you with a high ping, it's instant death. The higher the ping, the more likely you won't even hear the shot.
Just had this happening yesterday! I was about to ban a guy on the suspicion of some 1-shot kill hack with a machine gun. I shortly after realized that the guy had a 250 ping and figured it was something to do with his ping preventing us, the victim, from seeing ourselves being shot until it's too late and we're dead.

Another reason why client-side hit registration is a bad idea.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage