Issue with update

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Issue with update

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Can't update my game, so I was wondering if anyone knew what file specifies the version, and if so, could I copy that file from someone else and overwrite my own file?

Wish they would release a patch that would update without Origin.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Issue with update

Post by kraze »

It sounds like you are having an issue with routing to the EA servers. Have you contacted them about it specifically?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Been in an 8 month back and forth with support by email.
They take 4-6 weeks to respond to each email.

I had someone from EA reply to me on their forum earlier, but haven't had a reply for a while.

Looking at the Origin logs, it appears the all the new files are downloaded, but it fails to delete old files, and fails to rename new files (probably because old files still exist)

Here's a portion of the log:

721 [Jun 5 04:00:44.167] Event Core::CoreDownloadJob_Zip VerifyFiles [5808] Verifying - All files verified.
722 [Jun 5 04:00:44.215] Event Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize()
723 [Jun 5 04:00:44.278] Event Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize()
724 [Jun 5 04:00:44.278] Event Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - Checking for updated EULAs
725 [Jun 5 04:00:44.340] Event Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize()
726 [Jun 5 04:00:45.615] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Chunks0.toc
727 [Jun 5 04:00:45.616] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Chunks1.toc
728 [Jun 5 04:00:45.616] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Chunks2.toc
729 [Jun 5 04:00:45.616] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Globals.toc
730 [Jun 5 04:00:45.616] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Levels/COOP_002/COOP_002.toc
731 [Jun 5 04:00:45.616] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Levels/COOP_003/COOP_003.toc
732 [Jun 5 04:00:45.617] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Levels/COOP_006/COOP_006.toc
733 [Jun 5 04:00:45.617] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Levels/COOP_007/COOP_007.toc
734 [Jun 5 04:00:45.617] Error Core::CoreDownloadJob_DiPUpdate Finalize [5808] CoreDiPUpdateDownloadJob::Finalize() - File has been locked for deletion but deletion failed!: Data/Win32/Levels/COOP_009/COOP_009.toc
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Have you done an Orgin re-install?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Yea - about 10 times or more.

EA person on forum actually gave me a link last night of the next release they are working on that hasn't been released to public yet, and had same issues.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Just an update, making progress as to where the update fails, but still no solution, and waiting on EA is like watching paint dry.

From what I found:

The way Origin works:
Downloads new files with files ending with _DiP_STAGED
Once all downloaded, it then verifys the downloaded files.
Then it deletes all the old files.
Then renames the new files to what the old file names were.
Once everything is completed successfully, it updates Origin to show game updated to current version.

In my case, logs show:
Downloads - Successful
Verification - Successful
Deletion - Failed
Rename - Failed (because files already exist because old files were not deleted)
Update - Unsuccessful (Origin remains with old version on file)

Been trying with EA forum and support to figure out what is restricting the file deletion,
but no replies for 2 days.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you run a full chkdsk operation?

Have you tried running Origin as administrator manually?

Are you able to delete the files by hand?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

It's running as administrator, and I tried something like that the other night where I deleted all the files and renamed the new ones. Took a long time since there are a lot.
Once I started things again, it redownloads the files again, because as far as Origin is concerned, it's still the old version installed.

Will try just deleting the files and see if it will rename them itself.

Another thing I noticed, is that the folders are set as Read Only, but files appear to be ok. I tried changing the folders turning off the Read Only, but once I click OK to complete it, and I check the properties again, it's checked as Read Only again.

Think this would be a cause.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Deleting all the files manually only, and resuming the update in Origin worked.
Games updated now.

Still need to figure what is blocking the deletion.