R26 Crashes?

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R26 Crashes?

Post by TimSad »

Is anyone else seeing a bit of crashing with R26? I've seen both of my non Close Quarters servers crash ever since being updated to R26 last night.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: R26 Crashes?

Post by Edge100x »

Blaze/Battlelog had some problems this morning that caused problems with crashes and player drops. Did yours occur in the afternoon?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

One happened on my Karkand server about 2 hours after R26 was applied this morning/last night. Then the other on my Oman server around 2 hours ago. For both of them, I didn't see players drop out of the server like I usually would with Blaze problems. They seemingly crashed then came back up. Procon disconnected from the servers with no mass player leaves in the events feed, then soon after Procon reconnected to the servers with a zeroed out server uptime.

Could this still have been a Blaze player dump even though this time I didn't see a mass disconnect?
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It could have been, as sometimes Blaze disconnections also cause the server to crash. But, it would be best to have us look at the crash log.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Should I put in a ticket for each server so that you know which ones, specifically, that you are supposed to look at?
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please open a support request for the server that you'd like me to look at.
Evi1_0ne
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evi1_0ne »

R-26 has been horrible. Our server has probably crashed anywhere from once a day to every other day. Sometimes twice a day. Our server is full 24/7 so it sucks when it goes down.

Another issue that occurs when the server crashes is, when it comes back up, all your server files revert to the last backup that was done on your server, in my case the default set day is Saturday.

Our server crashed Monday, therefore reverting our ban list to Saturday, and we lost two days of bans.

Our server crashed again today, and again we lost those bans from the previous days.

NFO somehow restores a server from backup when they crash instead of just coming right back up just the way they went down. This has happened to us soooo many times that its just getting annoying.

Also when the server crashes, it hangs for a bit sometimes, then it will go down and come back up. Which interferes with ppl trying to get back on the server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Evi1_0ne, we don't do any automatic file restorations from backup -- they have to be manually triggered -- so that can't be what is happening. What's more likely happening is that your ban management system is not writing the bans to disk, and as a result, every time your server is restarted, you're losing any that have been written since the last save. How are you adding these bans?

We've noticed crash bugs in R26 that we didn't see before, certainly, and Blaze is having as many problems as ever.
Evi1_0ne
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evi1_0ne »

The bans that keep resetting themselves are the Adminbans.txt

Added either through procon or in game, either way. I have confirmed that the ban list reverts when the server crashes. It goes back exactly to when the server backed up last. I have been tracking this by downloading the ban list frquently and comparing the two.

We ban by name and not punkbuster.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It could be that your Procon installation is replacing it after a server restart, in that case. It would not be replaced by our system here.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

It's weird. Last time our Close Quarters server crashed (or possibly rebooted after a Blaze dump?), our banlist was reset. The past couple of times the server was restarted, it hasn't done so any more. Procon is used for all of our bans.
ImageImage
Evi1_0ne
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evi1_0ne »

So this is how I notice things go.

The server will dump players. 1 min goes by. Sometimes the server itself reboots itself. Someimtes it stays up.

When the server does decide to reboot itself our procon layer goes down, because it no longer has rcon access.

The admin/banlist.txt is resident on the NFO server side, and added to or deleted from through the rcon connection, correct?

So is procon really the one reverting files to previous states?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Possible, but it may also be that Procon isn't saving the changes to the file in the first place, and only saves or syncs those changes with the server once in awhile.
TimeX
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We have noticed that when the player dumps happen, it's been blamed on Blaze.

But we have noticed also that when everyone was dumped, Procon also disconnects from the server for a short period.

But when we reconnect to the server, the server and map are still as it was when we were all dumped. Round time is also about the same.

So the server doesn't appear to crash, but I have to assume that during the dump, the rcon access or something also crashes momentarily to disconnect Procon.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Pain, yes, that makes some sense, as while the server is timing out its Blaze connection, it's unable to service other requests.

Also, keep in mind that many circumstances can lead to Blaze disconnections, including (D)DoS attacks: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=6497