Server Ranked/Unranked Toggle

Radec
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Ranked/Unranked Toggle

Post by Radec »

Hi,

I am considering renting a game server using your services but I have a question that I am unable to find a concrete answer to. If I were to rent a Ranked server, am I able to move it to Unranked for skirmishes and back to Ranked when finished?

Thanks
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Server Ranked/Unranked Toggle

Post by kraze »

Yes, there is a button in the control panel that you can switch to unranked and ranked at any time.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
arg0naut
New to forums
New to forums

Post by arg0naut »

I have another question in the same vein:

After setting the server to unranked via the server control panel I attempted to toggle the vars.unlockMode to "common" in the server control interface. It is my understanding there are 4 variables it can be:

"all" which unlocks all available weapons including expansions if the player owns them
"common" unlocks all available weapons not in expansions
"stats" unlocks weapons the player has unlocked through ranked servers
"none" only starting weapons

I was unable to get the server to take the command but found the check box for weapon unlocks on the easy setup page. This is the equivalent to vars.unlockMode "all". Without this toggle the server default was vars.unlockMode "none".

My question is this: is it possible to set the variable vars.unlockMode to "common" or "stats" and if so could you recommend the correct procedure for enabling this.

Thank you for your time.
-arg0
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If the game supports it, you should be able to set it in the startup.txt file on the "File manager" page. It should already be there from being set by the "Easy setup" page, but you would need to be careful not to use easy setup again to avoid that setting being resaved.

If you try this and it works, we can look into it supporting additional options on the "Easy setup" page for it.
TimeX
arg0naut
New to forums
New to forums

Post by arg0naut »

I edited the startup.txt file from the File Manager page without a problem and reset the server. The "common" setting was accepted.

TimeX, thank you for your time and advice.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Great, glad to hear that worked. We'll need to consider making this an adjustment on the "Easy setup" page.
TimeX