Randomizing Weapon Scheme for Gun Master

Steau
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Randomizing Weapon Scheme for Gun Master

Post by Steau »

I understand you can setup different Gun Master variants via the server config files. To my knowledge, you can only set one variant at a time. So every time you play gun master it is always the same weapon scheme unless you change the config file prior to the next round. Is there any method to generate a random weapon scheme each time a Gun Master map loads? Can this be accomplished via server config files? Third party plugin? Or better yet... an NFO plugin?

A quick search of the NFO forums didn't yield any results. Thanks for any input.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Randomizing Weapon Scheme for Gun Master

Post by TimSad »

I haven't looked into these Gun Master weapon presets yet as I do not run a server that plays GM. I would imagine that if anything, you could indeed create a Procon plugin that would accomplish what you are inquiring about. Have you looked around on the forums @ phogue.net to see if any such plugin exists yet?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Steau
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Steau »

I'll see what I can dig up. Thanks for the lead.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

If you haven't found anything yet, I just quickly made this simple plugin for Procon. It'll choose a random number, 0 - 8, to use for vars.gunMasterWeaponsPreset. It generates the random number at the end of each round and applies it to vars.gunMasterWeaponsPreset. Also, it makes sure it doesn't choose the same random number as last time.

What I should have it do is create an array of random numbers proportional to how many rounds are in your rotation and have each number in the array not repeat itself. Anyways, here's what I've got as of now...
Attachments
CGunMaster[0.5.0.0].zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
ImageImage
duyfken
New to forums
New to forums

Post by duyfken »

I know there's a thread on the Procon official forums asking for a plugin like this . . http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthrea ... ster-lists

Any chance you can upload it over at the official forums so we can help progress this plugin on further? :wink:

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Hey, duyfken! Thanks for bringing my attention to that thread. :) I was not aware of its existence or that many other server admins had a wish for this.
ImageImage
Steau
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Steau »

Top notch. Thank you both.