DDOS Affecting Matchmaking?

Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DDOS Affecting Matchmaking?

Post by Alex »

Hello all,

So around a week or two ago, I purchased a BF3 server from NFO, I am a previous customer in the past, top notch support, performance and all that. At any rate, I managed to max out my server for the weekend as well as Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday. However, since the DDOS announcement I am unable to get traffic. Quite literally, we managed to get it up to 30 within 3-4 hours on Wednesday and it stopped growing and the next day it took us hours to get up to 10 players and that was at peak times. Since then I can't get more than 1-2 people and they have to stay for at least 30 minutes to an hour before at least 1 person joins. I also noticed that the filter which used to show us under the "metro" name filter probably 6-7/10 times, now shows us 1/20 times. Does the DDOS affect a servers ability to receive new traffic or show up on the server list? I mean if I refresh my history I see it, but when its on the server browser, its a completely different story.

I am curious to see if anyone has any ideas, and while I do not blame NFO at all, its kinda useless to pay $69 a month for a server that wont accept clients, meanwhile I am losing/lost all my regulars because I have had 0 traffic the past week.

Thoughts?
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: DDOS Affecting Matchmaking?

Post by Sorry »

It is taking us 2-4 times to connect to our server for the last week. Saturday was real bad for traffic, could not fill. Eventually the DDOS on blaze will stop, and hopefully things will be back to at least BF3 normal.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

They haven't provided us any details on the DDoS attack or how it might have been/be affecting matchmaking. I imagine that having servers constantly crashing would affect the pool of available ones pretty greatly, though, changing the length and content of the list and resulting in different traffic patterns.

They also apparently were/are rolling an update to Battlelog (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 650044575/), and that might change matchmaking and/or server lists. I don't have any information on whether it will or not, or on what other changes they are making.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

In general, this event has screwed our servers' popularity as well and I am sure for others not just matchmaking. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon.