Some questions about BattleField 3.

gamemann
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Some questions about BattleField 3.

Post by gamemann »

Hello everybody, my Community is new to BattleField 3. I do have a large Community in CS:S and TF2 so going to BattleField 3 is a lot different but I still have some background experience.
Now here are the questions:
1:
I use Procon for my BattleField 3 Server and I wanted to install a Plugin called Ultimate Map Manager(BASIC). Now I tried installing it. Everything was set up fine, basically I made it so 0-31 would be ConQuest Small Rotation then as soon as it went to 32 it went to a ConQuest Large Rotation(64 slots). The Server started fine but it was on ConQuest Large because that's what it is set up for in the Easy Setup Page. Now I know I can set it up for ConQuest Small but if the Server got to 32 players, wouldn't that just mean it would follow the same rotation in the Easy Setup Page and not the Plugin's Map Rotation for 32-64 Players? I haven't tested it yet because BattleField 3 hasn't been filling up recently. I disabled it for now but if anybody else has this Plugin, feel free to tell me how you got it up working.
2:
Do you guys have any tips on getting Server's populated? I read one of the Topics on the Forums that Edge made and that seemed to help a bit but are there any other methods on getting it populated? I tried setting Dynamic Slots in the Easy Setup Page but didn't seem to help and just recently it is saying that my Server doesn't reach the requirements for QuickPlay with it Enabled. So I am not sure about that.
3:
Is it normal for my ConQuest Large Server not to fill up after getting 10-16 players? I got 10-16 players on there multiple times and it's just not filling up past 32. I remember one time a few months ago when I first attempted to go into BF3(This is my 2nd Attempt), we got the Server up to 64 Players one day but then the next day it didn't get above 32 then it kept getting worse and worse. That's the main reason why I gave up on it the first attempt but I really want to populate it now.
Also I heard that there we DDoS attacks towards Origin? If that is true then is it possible that this is why my Servers aren't getting populated even when we got 10-16 Players in there?

I am just trying to expand into BattleField 3 so when BattleField 4 comes out, I will have a BattleField 3 PlayerBase and will have experience with BattleField Servers.
Sorry if some of these questions don't make sense. I wrote this message really fast. I am also new to BattleField 3, well for the most part.
Hope everybody has a good day.
Thanks,
Gamemann
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Some questions about BattleField 3.

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

When you restart the server, it will use the first map listed in the NFO admin panel in your map list.

Now to test it, if you go on your server so there is 1 players on it, and click the little icon on the top of Procon to run the next map, you can then confirm which map list is being used.

If everything is working correctly, I think it would change to a small map in the Procon map list.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Not for nothing, but it is a bit late to be getting in the BF3 game IMO. I have tried many times, even when new expansions come out, to get servers populated, and it is damn near impossible anymore. Those that are established seem to do well. They are generally populated by clan members and people's favorites filters. That said, even those that do well, are having major issues because of the problems with Blaze and seeming exploits or DDoS attacks. Just when you get a server filled, it gets dumped.

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =72&t=6569

Best of luck to you though!
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

Usually about 1/4 to 1/2 the traffic will bolt after a round. If your tickets are low, you might want to bump them up a bit to make the round last longer to gather more players. Been tougher for us to fill lately, but traffic will still be decent on the weekends.
gamemann
A regular
A regular

Post by gamemann »

Well I am going to try expanding into BattleField 3. Might be really hard to do but it's always good to try.
I also got Ultimate Map Manager(BASIC) working. Basically all I did was go to File Manager and select maplist.txt and deleted it so the Ultimate Map Manager(BASIC) will make up the Map List. I really hope it works the way I want it with the current configuration. I also can't use the Easy Setup page anymore(If I submit it with a blank Map List, it will put Maps on it by itself), so I have to use the File Manager for everything now which isn't a big deal at all.

Thanks,
Gamemann