Sync banlists between servers

purebattlefield
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sync banlists between servers

Post by purebattlefield »

I was wondering what you guys use to synchronize your banlists (pbbans.dat and banlist.txt) between your various servers?

We just recently opened a 2nd server and would like it if the banlists were automatically synchronized between our servers.

We know about metabans, but we don't add all of our bans to Metabans. We only add known verified cheaters / hackers.

So is there some tool that can easily do this for us, or do we simply have to manually synchronize them?
ImageImage
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Sync banlists between servers

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We use a .bat script along with a perl script for updating our banlists on all our DayZ servers.

It allows use to use multiple banlists and it downloads from a url link to a .txt file of the master ban lists for each organisation.

We run it on the Windows server through remote desktop. I guess with some tinkering, it might be possible to use it on your pc and run the script, but not sure if you would have the ability to write to the ban file on the server. You might be blocked.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Sync banlists between servers

Post by TacTicToe »

When I have several servers that are the same game, and work with Big Brother Bot, then I just have all the servers using the same database. BF3 works with B3, so you might want to try that. You ban on one server, and they are banned on all. :)

Worked for me.