A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Internal Exception: io.netty.handler

Post by {{Classic}} »

So here is the error...

Connection Lost
Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

The other day, I found you can force this error if the CPU spikes, resulting in everyone on the server receiving this error and being disconnected. We had new chunks being generated in Minecraft and were running a process heavy map render on the server as well. This is the error we were seeing.

Today, everyone has been seeing this error after just a few seconds on the server. We have tried restarted the server which helped not at all. Our RAM usage and CPU usage are pretty low, unlike the other day, but this error has decided to sit around and plague us now.

Has anyone seen it, or know of a solution? We're running a Vanilla 1.7.4 server (no mod/plugins). The server seems to be 'Overloaded' prior to booting people off, but it typically does this when generating new chunks. It has not before booted everyone off, every time it has started generating new chunks like it is doing now.

Any suggestions to try are always appreciated. ;)
So far, our community suggested it being anything from corrupt chunks to the MTU being set too low... personally, I think Minecraft is just out to get me. :cry:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Internal Exception: io.netty.handler

Post by kraze »

Looking at the bug reports for Minecraft it seems to be a known issue.
https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-34947

However, it wouldn't hurt to play around with some things. Have you tried generating a new world just as a test to see if that helps?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
snivell
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by snivell »

I think this is a bug with the Mojang servers.
Alvinoor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Alvinoor »

This is happening to my server again tonight. Do we know if this is a local issue or a problem with Mojang? I do not want to unnecessarily tinker with the server.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

I have noticed this tends to happen when the client connecting has a sudden change in their connection, such as increased ping, or the server suddenly sees an increase in CPU usage. I have not really found a fix for this myself, but have noticed it happens more with specific versions of Bukkit.